(BINGHAMTON, N.Y.) -- Investigators have determined that an unattended candle was responsible for the fire over the weekend that claimed the lives of three people.
Sixty-one-year-old Robert Sindon, his son Joseph Sindon, 32, and his granddaughter Isabelle Wage-Sindon, 4, all died in the fire at the home located at 534 State Street.
An investigation has led Fire Marshal Dan Eggleston to rule the blaze accidental. Fire officials also say that no smoke detectors were found in the house. All three victims are believed to have died from smoke inhalation.
Copyright 2010 ABC News Radio