(BIRMINGHAM, Ala.) -- A fire Wednesday morning destroyed a local home with three generations worth of pictures, heirlooms and furniture, ABC affiliate 33/40 reports.
Lenetta Brownlee, 61, and her husband were home when the blaze broke out inside a bedroom. Both were able to escape to safety. Family members say a wiring problem started the fire in the house, which is almost 90 years old.
"Everything was lost. Furniture down through the years, clothes, furniture everything," said Bernette Lett, the sister of the homeowner.
The owners have not decided if they will rebuild.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio