(NEW YORK) -- Business meetings can be productive, but unfortunately many quickly deteriorate into boring, long-winded events that leave attendees frustrated and uninspired. A new online survey of 1,600 U.S. adults by GiveMore.com reveals the ten worst things about meetings at work:
1. Allowing attendees to ramble and repeat the same comments and thoughts.
2. Doesn't start on time, stay on track, or finish on time.
3. No specific action items or walk-away points.
4. No clear purpose or objective.
5. Not inspiring or motivating.
6. Not organized. No agenda.
7. Too long.
8. Repeating information for late arrivals.
9. Weak presenter (unprepared, monotone, overly redundant).
10. Boring. Nothing new or interesting.
The respondents also complained about “having meetings just to have meetings” and leaders losing control by letting attendees dominate, complain and steer the meeting off-course.
GiveMore.com assists business leaders with meetings and events.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio