(DES MOINES, Iowa) -- A mother jumped through fire to rescue her daughter after a fire started in their home on Christmas.
Fire officials say the incident happened around 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, when a 15-year-old girl knocked over a gas heater in the basement of a home in the 600 block of 26th Street, according to the Des Moines Register.
The girl’s mother jumped through the fire to rescue the 15-year-old, the paper reports.
The teenager had to be treated for smoke inhalation, but no other injuries were reported.
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio