(NEW YORK) -- The Lion King was the king of the box office for the second weekend in a row.
The 3D re-release of the animated Disney film earned an estimated $22.1 million to hold off Brad Pitt's baseball drama, Moneyball, which opened in second place, with $20.6 million. The Lion King was initially scheduled to screen in theaters for two weeks only, but Disney says it will extend the film's run for an undetermined period of time.
The inspirational story Dolphin Tale debuted in third place, collecting $20.3 million. The Taylor Lautner thriller Abduction premiered in fourth place, with $11.2 million, and the action flick Killer Elite opened in the fifth spot, with $9.5 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales:
1. The Lion King, $22.1 million.
2. Moneyball, $20.6 million.
3. Dolphin Tale, $20.3 million.
4. Abduction, $11.2 million.
5. Killer Elite, $9.5 million.
6. Contagion, $8.6 million.
7. Drive, $5.8 million.
8. The Help, $4.4 million.
9. Straw Dogs, $2.1 million.
10. I Don't Know How She Does It, $2.05 million.
Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio