(NEW YORK) -- ABC says Tuesday night's premiere of its new drama, Marvel’s Agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D., gave the network its best opening Tuesday of a new TV season in three years.
In the 8 p.m. hour, ABC says the series defeated NBC's premiere of The Voice and the CBS premiere of NCIS in the Adults 18 to 49 demographic. ABC will present an encore presentation of the Marvel’s Agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D premiere Thursday night at 8 p.m. Eastern time.
ABC is also happy about the ratings for it's new 1980s-themed comedy, The Goldbergs. The series is ABC's highest-rated comedy in two years.
Here's a rundown of the top ten primetime shows for the week of Sept. 16-22, according to The Nielsen Company:
1. NFL Football: Chicago at Pittsburgh, NBC, 20.51 million.
2. Emmy Awards, CBS, 17.76 million.
3. Dancing With the Stars, ABC, 16.04 million.
4. Sunday Night NFL Pre-Kick Show, NBC 14.5 million.
5. NFL Football: Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, ESPN, 14.33 million.
6. Under the Dome, CBS, 12.1 million.
7. America's Got Talent (Wednesday), NBC, 11.49 million.
8. America's Got Talent (Tuesday), NBC, 11.19 million.
9. NCIS, CBS, 10.64 million.
10. Sleepy Hollow, Fox, 10.1 million.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio