(CALGARY, Alberta) -- Actress Carrie Fisher has once again confirmed that she will indeed be reprising her role as Princess Leia in the next Star Wars film, which will be produced by Disney. She revealed her participation in the film at the Calgary Comic Expo in Calgary, Alberta on Saturday.
The Calgary Herald reports the 56-year-old actress said, "I like being bought by Disney, because they never wanted to buy me before. I'm glad they are doing a new movie because they are sending a trainer to my house so I can get in really good shape. So I'm really eating a lot of sugar in advance, as you can see. By the time I really get down to it I will have eaten everything."
Fisher previously announced her participation back in March, but her publicist later said she was joking and that nothing had been confirmed.
It's been widely reported that Fisher and original cast members Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford would be returning for Episode VII, though Disney has yet to make an official announcement about the cast.
George Lucas sold the Star Wars franchise to Disney earlier this year.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio