(NEW YORK) -- G.I. Joe won the box office battle over the weekend.
G.I. Joe: Retaliation, a sequel starring Dwayne Johnson, Channing Tatum and Bruce Willis, earned an estimated $41.2 million to debut in first place. It has made $51.7 million since opening Thursday.
Last week's box office champ, the animated film The Croods, finished the weekend in the second spot, collecting $26.5 million.
Tyler Perry's Temptation opened in third place, with $22.3 million, and The Host bowed in sixth place, with $11 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. G.I. Joe: Retaliation, $41.2 million
2. The Croods, $26.5 million
3. Tyler Perry's Temptation, $22.3 million
4. Olympus Has Fallen, $14 million
5. Oz the Great and Powerful, $11.6 million
6. The Host, $11 million
7. The Call, $4.8 million
8. Admission, $3.2 million
9. Spring Breakers, $2.7 million
10. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, $1.3 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio