(LOS ANGELES) -- Gravity has once again topped the box office.
The 3D hit, starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, brought in $31 million this weekend, marking its third weekend in a row at the number one spot.
Right behind Gravity was Captain Phillips which earned $17.3 million. The action thriller stars Tom Hanks and tells the true story of Captain Richard Phillips, whose ship was hijacked by Somali pirates in 2009.
In third place was Carrie, earning $17 million. The film, based on Stephen King's 1974 novel, stars Chloë Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore.
Here are the top ten films from the weekend box office according to boxofficemojo.com:
1. Gravity: $31.0 million
2. Captain Phillips: $17.3 million
3. Carrie: $17.0 million
4. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2: $10.1 million
5. Escape Plan: $9.8 million
6. Prisoners: $2.1 million
7. Enough Said: $1.8 million
8. The Fifth Estate: $1.7 million
9. Runner Runner: $1.6 million
10. Insidious Chapter 2: $1.5 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio