(NEW YORK) -- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters captured the box office crown over the weekend.
The fantasy update, starring Jeremy Renner, opened in first place by earning an estimated $19 million.
Last week's top film, Mama, slipped to the second spot, with $12.8 million.
Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez's action flick, Parker, debuted in fifth place, raising just $7 million.
The raunchy comedy Movie 43 fared even worse. Despite the star power of Halle Berry, Kate Winslet, Hugh Jackman and numerous other A-listers, the film premiered in seventh place, with $5 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, $19 million
2. Mama, $12.8 million
3. Silver Linings Playbook, $10 million
4. Zero Dark Thirty, $9.8 million
5. Parker, $7 million
6. Django Unchained, $5 million
7. Movie 43, $5 million
8. Gangster Squad, $4.2 million
9. Broken City, $4 million
10. Les Miserables, $3.9 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio