(LOS ANGELES) -- Captain America: The First Avenger is America's number-one movie.
The Marvel superhero film earned an estimated $65.8 million over the weekend to take the top spot away from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. The final Harry Potter film was the runner-up, collecting $48 million in its second weekend of release.
The Justin Timberlake-Mila Kunis comedy Friends With Benefits opened in third place, with an $18.5 million, third-place finish.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales:
- Captain America: The First Avenger, $65.8 million.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, $48 million.
- Friends with Benefits, $18.5 million.
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon, $12 million.
- Horrible Bosses, $11.7 million.
- Zookeeper, $8.7 million.
- Cars 2, $5.7 million.
- Winnie the Pooh, $5.1 million.
- Bad Teacher, $2.6 million.
- Midnight in Paris, $1.9 million.
Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio