SEARCH

Entries in Chuck Lorre (14)

Thursday
Nov292012

Charlie Sheen Blames Angus T. Jones' 'Emotional Tsunami' on Chuck Lorre

ABC/RICHARD CARTWRIGHT(LOS ANGELES) -- Charlie Sheen is chalking up his former Two and a Half Men co-star Angus T. Jones' negative remarks about the CBS sitcom to what he calls the "hive of oppression" created by series creator Chuck Lorre.

Jones referred to Two and a Half Men as "filth" in a video interview posted online by Forerunner Chronicles regarding his religious awakening. 

Sheen later reacted by telling People magazine that the show is "cursed."  In a separate statement, he said Jones is welcome to join his FX comedy Anger Management.

Sheen now seems to be assigning some blame to Lorre, with whom he famously feuded with last year prior to being fired from Two and a Half Men.

Speaking with TMZ.com, Sheen said, "I dare anyone to spend 10 years in the laugh track that is Chuck Lorre's hive of oppression and not suffer some form of an emotional tsunami."

He also said, "Obviously, not having been there for some time, the Angus T. Jones that I knew and still love is not the same guy I saw on YouTube."

Jones on Tuesday issued a statement in which he apologized if his remarks were interpreted as showing "indifference to and disrespect of" his colleagues.  According to TMZ, he feels badly that he's caused such an uproar, but he will leave Two and a Half Men after the current season wraps up.

TMZ also reports that Jones wanted to quit the show after last season but was encouraged by reps and family members to stick around due to his hefty salary.  He reportedly makes $300,000 per episode.

Meanwhile, Stephen Baldwin, a devout Christian, offered the following advice to Jones on ABC's Good Morning America Wednesday: "I think he ought to walk his walk and stand up for what he believes in and finish out the season and go about his business."

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Dec132011

Chuck Lorre Offered to Quit 'Two and a Half Men'

ABC/RICHARD CARTWRIGHT(LOS ANGELES) -- Charlie Sheen’s bizarre departure from Two and a Half Men may feel like long ago, but show creator Chuck Lorre is still living the nightmare.

“It was a painful year,” he said in a new interview with TV Guide. “I’ll be sorting it out for a long time.”

“I offered to quit the show last winter,” Lorre revealed. “I said, ‘Listen, if for some reason I’m now the Antichrist I’m happy to leave. It’s not in my interest to stop the show, and I certainly don’t want to put all these people out of work. Keep going. Get another guy. Don’t stop on my account.’”

It wasn’t the first time he thought about quitting TV’s No. 1 comedy. Lorre said he regrets not leaving after Sheen was accused of holding a knife to his then-wife, Brooke Mueller, on Christmas 2009.

Lorre said he, Warner Bros. and CBS made, “a moral decision as opposed to a financial one” to get Sheen off the show.

“But people were really frightened that they were signing off on what could have had devastating consequences,” he said. “This was not a game. This was drug addiction writ large. This was big-time cocaine and in his own words, an ‘epic drug run’ that could have ended with either his death or someone else’s.”

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Sep282011

Here We Go Again: 'Two and a Half Men' Creator Back to Dissing Sheen in End Credits?

Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic(LOS ANGELES) -- Charlie Sheen, whose Two and a Half Men character was killed off in last week's season premiere, had a small presence on Monday's episode of the CBS sitcom, albeit in an indirect way.

Series co-creator Chuck Lorre once again referred to Sheen in one of the blink-and-you'll-miss-them "vanity cards" that pop up just after the end credits of many TV shows. Again, Lorre made not-so-veiled references to his feud with Sheen, and also seems to mention their just-announced settlement, and a possible tell-all book:

The message read:

“Sometime last year I realized I had become the unwilling contestant in a reality show. I didn’t understand the rules, wasn’t sure if there even were any, and pretty much hated every second of it. For many months I kept hoping and praying that it would end. But it did not. Somewhere along the way, something inside me died. Anyway, now, suddenly, I’m being told that the reality show’s been cancelled. Apparently, it was just one of those things that somehow got out of control. Sorry. Whoops. Live and learn. Moving on. Game over. And that’s fine. I am so good with that. Yes, please, let’s all move on. There’s just one problem. That thing inside me that died? It walks at night. It’s angry. It’s hungry. And worst of all...it’s writing a tell-all book.”

Series producer Warner Bros. announced Monday that the studio and Lorre have reached a settlement with Sheen that will reportedly pay him about $25 million.

Sheen is reportedly bound by the details of the settlement not to flame his former boss any more, but in the past the actor claimed that shots taken at him by Lorre in the vanity cards helped touch off the powderkeg of Sheen's famous flameout.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Sep272011

Warner Bros. Announces Settlement with Charlie Sheen

Jeff Vespa/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Warner Bros. on Monday formally announced that it has reached a settlement with Charlie Sheen stemming from the lawsuit he filed against the Two and a Half Men studio and series creator Chuck Lorre after he was fired from the hit CBS sitcom.

In a statement released by Warner Bros. and obtained by The Hollywood Reporter and other media outlets, the studio said, “Warner Bros. Television, Chuck Lorre and Charlie Sheen have resolved their dispute to the parties’ mutual satisfaction.  The pending lawsuit and arbitration will be dismissed as to all parties.  The parties have agreed to maintain confidentiality over the terms of the settlement.”

Reports last week stated that Sheen will receive about $25 million as part of the settlement, though TMZ.com claimed that the actor stands to make tens of millions more in syndication profits.

Sheen filed a $100 million lawsuit against Warner Bros. and Lorre for wrongful termination last March, not long after he was fired for his erratic behavior.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Sep202011

Sheen Close to Settlement in 'Two and a Half Men' Legal Dispute?

Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic(LOS ANGELES) -- Another sign that Charlie Sheen is making peace with his former colleagues with Two and a Half Men: he's closing in on a settlement with producer Warner Bros. and series creator Chuck Lorre that would resolve their legal dispute, according to The Los Angeles Times.  He reportedly will receive about $25 million.

After he was fired from Two and a Half Men in March, Sheen filed a $100 million lawsuit against Warner Bros. and Lorre for wrongful termination.  According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. will fork over all of the money that Sheen will receive under the settlement.

Despite the $25 million figure floated by The Los Angeles Times, TMZ.com reports that Sheen will receive tens of millions more in syndication profits over the next decade, giving him a total sum of $100 million.

Sheen was making $1.2 million per episode at the time of his firing.  The Los Angeles Times notes that Sheen had been under contract through the current season.

In TV appearances on The Tonight Show last week and the Emmy Awards on Sunday, a seemingly apologetic Sheen wished the Two and a Half Men cast and crew all the best going forward.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Aug032011

Charlie Sheen to be Killed Off ‘Two and a Half Men’

Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagicLOS ANGELES -- Deadline.com is reporting that the upcoming ninth season of  Two and a Half Men will begin with the funeral for Charlie Sheen's character, Charlie Harper.  

That news, if true, confirms earlier rumors that show creator, and Sheen nemesis, Chuck Lorre is making a clean break from his former star by killing off his womanizing character, reportedly in a car crash that happens off-camera.  

Further word is that Lorre is reaching out to real-life celebrities to play prospective buyers for Harper's mansion, which goes up for sale in the premiere episode of the season, which Deadline reports is a two-partner.  

As previously announced, Ashton Kutcher is joining the CBS sitcom in Sheen's absence.  The new season reportedly goes into production next week.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Jun162011

Charlie Sheen Not 'Winning' After Judge's Lawsuit Decision

Jeff Vespa/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- A Los Angeles Superior Court judge handed Warner Bros. TV and Two and a Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre a legal victory against Charlie Sheen on Wednesday.

Sheen and his lawyer Marty Singer had filed a $100 million lawsuit against WB and Lorre, claiming they had no legal grounds to fire the actor from the hit show, despite his erratic off-screen behavior which morphed into a very public flame war against Lorre.

But TMZ reports Judge Alan Goodman said the case must be settled through arbitration, as stipulated in Sheen's contract, and not with the public trial the actor sought.

"We're very gratified by the court's ruling enforcing the parties' arbitration agreement," Warner Bros. said of the decision.

No official public reaction yet from Sheen's camp.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Monday
May022011

Charlie Sheen Writes Nasty Letter to 'Two and a Half Men' Creator

Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic(NEW YORK) -- Remember that talk claiming Charlie Sheen was discussing a return to Two and a Half Men?  Well, don't expect to hear it again.

Sheen has written a scathing letter in which he criticizes the show's creator, Chuck Lorre.  In the letter, which Sheen sent to TMZ.com, the 45-year-old star calls Lorre an "a**hole *ussy loser" and a "low rent, nut-less sociopath."

Sheen also wrote, "...No one cares about your feeble show without me.  The ratings right now are not a fluke.  It's a big fat mess.  A 2.0 demo.  That sucks."

He added, "They are planning on voting you off the AA island.  Even those clowns have no room for you anymore."

The latter sentences are apparently a reference to claims Sheen has made in the past that Lorre is a recovering alcoholic.

Sheen also wrote, "MY fans may tune in for a minute, but at the end of the day, no one cares about your feeble show without me.  Shame on you.  Not even a phone call to the man that put you on the map.  The man that put $500 million in your pockets.  You were on your way out of Warner Bros. with a buy out and a cup of cold coffee in your shaky and clammy hands.  And then I walked into your office.  And you created a show BASED ON MY AWESOME LIFE.  I busted my ass for eight years to support your vision.  Your dream.  In turn, it is my nightmare.  You sad silly fool."

This is just the latest rant Sheen has directed towards Lorre.  He's also filed a $100 million lawsuit against Lorre and Warner Brothers, the studio behind Two and a Half Men.  Even after doing so, Sheen claimed he was in talks with Warner Brothers about returning to the sitcom, claims that Warner Brothers has repeatedly denied.

Late last week, The Hollywood Reporter reported Lorre planned to reboot the CBS sitcom by adding a new cast member to replace Sheen.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Mar102011

Charlie Sheen Sues Warner Bros. & Chuck Lorre for $100 Million

Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic(LOS ANGELES) -- Charlie Sheen is on the offensive against his former employers.  According to the Hollywood Reporter, Sheen has filed a $100 million lawsuit against Two and a Half Men producer Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros.  He's also suing on behalf of the now unemployed crew of the sitcom, and is asking for punitive damages in addition to the 100 million bucks.

The Hollywood Reporter says Sheen's lawyer Marty Singer writes in the suit, "Chuck Lorre, one of the richest men in television who is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, believes himself to be so wealthy and powerful that he can unilaterally decide to take money away from the dedicated cast and crew of... Two and a Half Men in order to serve his own ego and self-interest, and make the star of the series the scapegoat for Lorre's own conduct."

In the suit, Singer blames the cancellation of the season's last eight episodes on Warner Bros., who he accuses of "capitulating to Lorre's egotistical desire to punish Mr. Sheen." As proof of this, the lawsuit cites the fact that in the past, Warner Bros. renegotiated Sheen's contract even when he was facing felony charges for allegedly assaulting his ex-wife Brooke Mueller -- so the actor's bad behavior had never previously been an issue for the studio.

After news of the lawsuit hit, Sheen wrote on Twitter: 'You corporate Trolls were warned. And now you've been served."

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Mar092011

Sheen Calls Out CBS, Warner Bros., Chuck Lorre in Latest Webcast

Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic(NEW YORK) -- Charlie Sheen declared war on CBS and Warner Bros. during a new edition of his webcast, Sheen's Korner, on Tuesday night.

Sheen emphasized that point by opening his webcast with a shot of the famed book The Art of War by Sun Tzu.  The shot transitioned into a montage of clips from films such as Young Frankenstein, Apocalypse Now, and A Few Good Men, with snippets of Sheen audio -- including him using his catchphrase "winning" -- dubbed over the video.  The montage was set to The Doors' song "The End" -- which famously opened Apocalypse Now.

Wearing glasses and a Cincinnati Reds shirt, Sheen next appeared on-camera delivering a monologue that sounded scripted.  Calling himself the "Malibu messiah," he proceeded to dismiss CBS president Les Moonves as "Less Than Moonves," telling him, "You gave me your word so in turn you gave me nothing."

He then gave a pass to Warner Bros. Television president Peter Roth and slammed Warner Bros. exec. Bruce Rosenblum before moving on to Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre, whom he described as a "little worm" and "Chuck E. Cheeseball."

Sheen told viewers he would extract his "tiger blood" for them to use -- a possible reference to a bottle of fruit juice labeled "Tiger Blood"  that was seen on his desk before the webcast officially began.  Sheen declared that "high treason has occurred," and said, "We must right this infantile wrong."  He signed off by saying, "Stay tuned good soldiers, I'll see you very soon, on the battlefield."

This was Sheen's fourth webcast in four days.  It ran about 10 minutes.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio