SEARCH

Entries in Domestic Abuse (3)

Thursday
Apr052012

Jaleel White Denies Abuse Allegations Again 

ABC/BOB D'AMICO(LOS ANGELES) -- Former Family Matters star and current Dancing with the Stars contestant Jaleel White is again denying claims by an ex-girlfriend that he hit her “across the chest” and subjected her to verbal abuse.

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, White says he believes Bridget Hardy, with whom he has a 2-year-old daughter, is only after one thing: money.

Hardy told Star magazine last week that White hit her in May 2010 after she confronted him for allegedly cheating on her.

White, who has never faced charges in connection with Hardy's claims, tells ET, there was “zero” physical abuse during the relationship.  He says Hardy is only coming forward because he’s on a high profile TV show.

White, 35, stated previously that he has “been co-parenting for two years in peace,” and Hardy sold her story to Star magazine when he wouldn't cooperate with her demands.

White tells ET, “She didn't ask me for money not to talk because I didn't give her a face-to-face.”  The TV star says Hardy asked for a meeting at a coffee shop, but he insisted that communication be made via email.

“I have to assume that that's what it's about -- if you're not going to put it in email form.  That it's like, 'Hey here's my offer,’” White said.

White also tells ET there was no verbal abuse, explaining, “Couples argue, that's normal.  I'm not going to pretend like we didn't have any arguments, obviously we broke up, but to say verbal abuse, and to come out with that during Dancing with the Stars, when this is an old child custody case matter that was settled in 2010, this is not a new story.  It was an attack on my joy.”

Aside from his appearances on Dancing with the Stars, White will host a new Syfy competition, Total Blackout, beginning next month.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Friday
May062011

Nicolas Cage Won't Face Charges in Domestic Abuse Case

David Livingston/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- Nicolas Cage is off the hook in his domestic abuse case.

Cage, who was arrested in New Orleans last month after arguing on the street with his wife while allegedly drunk, will not face charges, according to People magazine.

His attorney tells the magazine that the matter has been closed, adding, "We are pleased that the process led to the correct result, despite inaccurate media reports, and that Nick has been cleared and all charges have been dropped."

Police had said a heavily intoxicated Cage had an argument with his wife, Alice Kim, in front of a home in New Orleans' French Quarter that he claimed they were renting.  He allegedly grabbed his wife by her upper arm and dragged her towards the home, and then also struck some parked vehicles.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Feb012011

Nicolas Cage Arrested for Domestic Abuse

ABC News(NEW ORLEANS) -- Academy Award-winning actor Nicolas Cage has been arrested on domestic abuse charges.

Cage, 47, was arrested in New Orleans on one count of domestic abuse and one count of disturbing the peace, according to police records. Bond is currently set at $10,000 for the domestic abuse charge and $1000 for the charge of disturbing the peace.

It is still unknown when the actor will appear in court.

As of Saturday afternoon the actor was still in custody.

Cage has been married to former waitress Alice Kim since July 30, 2004. The two have a son, Kal-El, in 2005.

The actor has been nominated for an Academy Award twice throughout his lengthy Hollywood career, and he won the Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his portrayal of an alcoholic spiraling out of control in 1995's Leaving Las Vegas.

Born Nicolas Kim Coppola, Cage changed his name to avoid the appearance of nepotism, as he is the nephew of legendary film director Francis Ford Coppola.

Cage has previously been married to Patricia Arquette and Lisa Marie Presley.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio