SEARCH

Entries in Halle Berry (30)

Thursday
Dec132012

Report: Halle Berry's Ex Won't Face Charges in Thanksgiving Day Fight

Jesse Grant/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- Halle Berry's ex, Gabriel Aubry, won't be charged in connection with his Thanksgiving Day brawl with the Oscar winner's fiancé, Olivier Martinez, at her Los Angeles home, according to TMZ.com.

At some point in the future, Aubry will meet with the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office for an informal hearing regarding the incident.

Reportedly, the fight was related to the custody battle between Berry and Aubry over their 4-year daughter, Nahla.  All of the involved parties have settled their differences in court.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Friday
Nov302012

Halle Berry Reaches Settlement with Ex over Thanksgiving Fight

Steve Granitz/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- Halle Berry and her ex, Gabriel Aubry, have reached some sort of settlement stemming from his fight on Thanksgiving Day with her fiancé, Olivier Martinez, at her Los Angeles home.

Following the fight, Aubry was ordered to stay 100 yards away from Berry, Martinez, and Aubry's 4-year-old daughter with Berry, Nahla.

Aubry obtained a temporary restraining order against Martinez this week.

The Thanksgiving incident was the subject of a court hearing Thursday in Los Angeles.  Attorneys said an "amicable" agreement was reached, but the terms were not disclosed, according to ABC News affiliate KABC-TV in Los Angeles.

Meanwhile, the five-bedroom, 5,900-square-foot Tuscan-style estate where the fight took place is now on the market for $15 million, reports TMZ.com.

Multiple real estate sources tell TMZ that a few weeks ago Berry gave a prominent realtor a pocket listing, which means the property isn't advertised as being for sale. 

The broker, whose name is Billy Rose, is with a company called The Agency.  Rose actually owned the house about 10 years ago, but he renovated it and sold it to actor Frankie Muniz, who eventually sold it to Berry a couple of years later. 

Berry has already received an $11 million offer for the property, but sources say that she's holding out for more.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Nov282012

Halle Berry's Ex Denied in Attempt to Have Protective Order Lifted

Jesse Grant/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- A judge on Tuesday declined to lift the emergency protective order that was issued against Halle Berry's ex, Gabriel Aubry, following his fight with the actress' fiancé, Olivier Martinez, on Thanksgiving Day, according to TMZ.com.

Aubry had made a request to have the order removed.

The order -- which requires Aubry to stay at least 100 yards away from Berry, Martinez and Aubry's 4-year-old daughter with Berry, Nahla -- was initially slated to end on Dec. 3.  However, TMZ notes, it will instead expire on Thursday due to a clerical error.

Earlier this week, Aubry obtained a restraining order against Martinez, claiming Martinez threatened to kill him.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Nov272012

Halle Berry's Ex Obtains Restraining Order Against Her Fiance

Jesse Grant/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- In the aftermath of his physical altercation with Halle Berry's fiancé, Olivier Martinez, on Thanksgiving Day, Gabriel Aubry has obtained a restraining order against him.

In court papers filed by Aubry and cited by TMZ.com, the model claims he was threatened last Wednesday by Martinez while the two men were attending a school play involving Aubry and Berry's 4-year-old daughter, Nahla.

After Berry and Martinez arrived at the school, he allegedly told Aubry in French, "I wish I could beat the s*** out of you right now.  You're lucky we're in a school right now."

On Thanksgiving Day, Aubry states, he dropped off Nahla at Berry's Los Angeles home and was attacked by Martinez, who allegedly slammed Aubry's head onto the driveway.

Aubry says Martinez was upset that a judge recently denied Berry’s request to move to France with Nahla, so much so that he allegedly vowed that the couple will move to France and that he would kill Aubry if Aubry does not move there too.

Allegedly, Martinez yelled that Berry's custody battle with Aubry cost the couple $3 million.

The documents further claim that Martinez warned Aubry to tell police that Aubry was the aggressor, or else Martinez would kill him.

Aubry was arrested following the fight and taken to the hospital with fractured ribs and bruising to his face.  TMZ has posted graphic photos of his injuries.

Martinez injured his hand and neck.

After the arrest, Aubry was ordered to temporarily stay 100 yards away from Berry, Martinez and Nahla.  Berry reportedly is looking to have that order extended.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Oct162012

Halle Berry Reveals She’s Related to Sarah Palin

Steve Granitz/WireImage(NEW YORK) -- Here’s hoping Halle Berry’s next family reunion takes place in Wasilla. The Oscar-winning actress revealed in an interview with Extra that she’s distantly related to former Alaska governor Sarah Palin.

“You want to know who I’m related to? Sarah Palin!” Berry told Extra. Extra’s Jerry Penacoli shouted “No!” in disbelief. Berry laughed and said, "That’s what I said, ‘Nooo!’" mimicking a horror movie scream.

How? “Some twisted way,” Berry said. “Somebody sent me this information that she was my distant [relative].”

Berry’s Cloud Atlas co-star Tom Hanks, who was also interviewed by Extra, said the connection fits in with the theme of their new sci-fi film, which opens Oct. 26.

“This is the Cloud Atlas continuum without a doubt,” he joked. “I’m telling you, the connections that go through. It doesn’t matter who, what race, where, what time.”

Berry didn’t say how she discovered the Palin connection, but many celebrities are discovering unlikely famous relations thanks to genealogical shows like Who Do You Think You Are? and the website Ancestry.com. Earlier this month, Ancestry.com tied Justin Bieber to fellow Canadian stars Celine Dion and Ryan Gosling. And in 2010, the site reported that Palin and President Obama are tenth cousins.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Aug162012

Halle Berry in Court Over Move to France

Steve Granitz/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- Halle Berry and her ex, Gabriel Aubry, are in court Thursday in Los Angeles, facing off over her request to move with their daughter, Nahla, to France.

Judge Mark A. Juhas blocked off 17 days for the trial, which is expected to last nearly one month.

The issue at stake is the Oscar-winning actress’s request to make the international move with 4-year-old Nahla, over father Aubry’s vigorous objections. Berry is engaged to French actor Olivier Martinez.

The actress is expected to use her recent brushes with the paparazzi and a stalker as evidence for why she should be allowed to move out of the country.

According to TMZ, Andrew Deetz, the celebrity shutterbug who tangled with Berry when he took shots of Nahla outside the girl’s school earlier this month, has been subpoenaed by Berry’s lawyers and is expected to take the stand in the trial.

The gossip website is also reporting that Berry’s lawyers have filed a declaration from her friend, actress Salma Hayek, about how France is a safer place for celebrities and their children because of the country’s tougher paparazzi laws. Hayek, who is married to French billionaire François-Henri Pinault, has a 4-year-old daughter, Valentina.

Paparazzi in France are considered more respectful than their U.S.-based counterparts, and snaps of celebrity children are blurred to protect their privacy.

Before closing the courtroom to the public, the judge handled a few housekeeping details, including whether or not Berry’s personal attorney of 20 years would be allowed to remain in court during the trial. The judge found that he was not essential to the proceedings and, thus, dismissed him from the courtroom.

The judge also stated that he didn’t have the original child custody evaluation documents, though he did receive two letters from both parents regarding their concern over the evaluation.

Berry, 46, dated Aubry, a 35-year-old Canadian model, from 2005 to 2010. Earlier this year, the rancor between the former couple reached new heights, with Berry filing a restraining order against Aubry after he was accused of pushing their nanny while she was holding Nahla.

The Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services ultimately closed a child endangerment case against him.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Jul182012

Report: Halle Berry Taken to Hospital After On-Set Injury

Steve Granitz/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- Halle Berry was rushed to the hospital after injuring herself in a fall, according to ABC News affiliate KABC-TV.

The Oscar-winning actress reportedly was shooting the film The Hive in Los Angeles when she took a tumble at around 10:00 p.m. Tuesday and hit her head.  She was taken to L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Hospital via ambulance and was released.

In a statement, Berry's agent described her injury as minor.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Jun212012

Halle Berry Ordered to Pay $20K a Month in Child Support to Ex

Steve Granitz/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- Halle Berry will have to fork over some of her wealth to her ex.

TMZ.com reports a family law judge has ordered the Oscar-winning actress to pay Gabriel Aubry $20,000 per month in child support for their 4-year-old daughter, Nahla.

Berry and Aubry have been embroiled in a long-running custody battle.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Thursday
May312012

Halle Berry's Annoying Paparazzo May Help Her Custody Case

Steve Granitz/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- The celebrity shutterbug who tangled with Halle Berry when he took shots of her daughter Nahla outside the girl's school earlier this month will be called to the stand in her custody case against baby daddy Gabriel Aubrey.

TMZ reports Andrew Deetz will be questioned by the Oscar winner's lawyers in family court to help prove Berry's case that she should be allowed to move with her daughter to Paris, a trip Aubrey opposes.

Paparazzi in France are considered more respectful than their U.S.-based counterparts, and snaps of celebrity children are blurred to protect their privacy.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
May162012

Halle Berry Vows to Take Her Anti-Paparazzi Crusade to Obama

Steve Granitz/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- Halle Berry says she will go directly to President Obama to seek help passing laws to protect children from paparazzi after an incident last week in which she lost her cool when photographers came uncomfortably close to her daughter, Nahla.

The Oscar-winning actress was caught on camera as she lost her temper outside a Los Angeles school Thursday, yelling at photographers, “I’m doing something honorable. I’m not harassing people.”

Berry, 45, has since said she regrets losing her temper, but also revealed her new plan to take her plight straight to the top of the federal government.

“There are no laws here that protect our children and, as a mom coming to the school … not only my child, but all the children that are there. It’s just wrong, wrong, wrong,” Berry told Extra.

“You know, I think I’m going to call Obama and say, ‘Look, can you help us? I know this seems like a little issue right now, but it’s a big issue in our lives and our lives at the school and our children being protected,’” she added.

Berry, however, appears to be unaware of the myriad of laws that have already been put in place to protect her and her child from such unwanted intrusions from paparazzi. California’s 10-year-old anti-paparazzi statute, for instance, was given added traction two years ago.

The original statute, which came in the wake of Princess Diana’s death in Paris as she was being followed by paparazzi, expanded the reach of the California trespass law when it created a civil damages cause of action for three tactics commonly used by paparazzi to gain photos and footage of stars.

First Amendment attorney and partner in the Los Angeles office of Loeb & Loeb LLP Douglas E. Mirell says that Berry has a number of options on the local and state levels at her disposal before taking her problem to Washington.

“She should first report the incident to local law enforcement authorities – police or sheriff,” Mirell says. “[They] would then investigate and bring the matter to the city attorney or district attorney’s office for prosecution, either as a misdemeanor or felony, depending upon the precise nature of the conduct.

She filed a criminal complaint in 2008 against a photo agency that, she claimed, was circulating pictures of her and her daughter pictured in their backyard. And a man, who had previously served a 10-year prison sentence for threatening to kill Madonna, was taken into custody in February after allegedly stalking Berry for a week that month.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio