SEARCH

Entries in Mila Kunis (24)

Wednesday
Jul132011

Sgt. Moore Reacts to Mila Kunis' Acceptance to the Marine Corps Ball

ABC News(NEW YORK) -- Sgt. Scott Moore, the Marine in Afghanistan who will be taking Black Swan actress Mila Kunis to the Marine Corps Ball in November, spoke out Tuesday about why he invited the actress in the first place.

"The idea behind my YouTube invitation to Mila Kunis came about after some Marines from 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, and I were hanging out talking," Moore said in a statement. "One of the Marines bet that I wouldn't make the video and post it. Of course, a bet between Marines must be honored, so I took the chance. You can't make shots that you don't take, so I took the best shot I could.

"The Marines of 3/2, my family and friends back home in Grove City, Pa. have been so supportive, and did a great job of getting the video a lot of attention," he said. "I'm very excited about the opportunity to share the experience with Ms. Kunis and would like thank her for accepting my offer."

Over the weekend, Kunis said yes while doing publicity for her upcoming film, Friends with Benefits, with Justin Timberlake. Apparently it was Timberlake who encouraged Kunis to agree.

"JT and I had this all planned from the start. He's been a great wingman; it's nice to know he can get over the jealousy to help a brother out (just kidding)," Moore said. "Justin Timberlake's encouragement definitely helped; I owe him one."

In an e-mail sent to ABC News, Moore admitted that taking Kunis to the ball was a long shot.

"We all talk about what we are going to do when we get back, and this was my dream," he said. "I do feel bad for putting her on the spot, but it's not like I was going to bump into her on the streets of Musa Qala between now and the ball."

Instead, Moore, a data systems technician with the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, currently stationed in Musa Qala, Afghanistan, set up a YouTube page called "Go With Me Mila" and posted a brief video asking the 27-year-old actress to accompany him to the ball on Nov. 18 in Greenville, N.C.

"I always thought I had a chance, and sometimes that's all you need," Moore said in a statement.

This year's ball will be special, not just because Kunis is his date, but also because its the 236th birthday of the Marine Corps and his unit will be home from Afghanistan, Moore said. As for any special plans he has in store for Kunis, "I think I'll keep that a secret for now; we have to iron out the details."

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Monday
Jul112011

Mila Kunis Accepts Marine's Invite to Ball

ABC/A.M.P.A.S.(LOS ANGELES) -- One lucky Marine in Afghanistan is shouting "Hoorah" right about now.

That's because Mila Kunis, the sexy Black Swan actress, has accepted Marine Sgt. Scott Moore's invitation to be his date to the Marine Corps Ball in November.

The actress said yes over the weekend, while doing press for her upcoming film, Friends with Benefits, with co-star Justin Timberlake.

Last week, Moore, from the 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines in Musa Qala, Afghanistan, set up a YouTube page called "Go With Me Mila" and posted a video asking the 27-year-old starlet to accompany him to the ball on Nov. 18 in Greenville, N.C.

"Hey Mila, Sgt. Moore, but you can call me Scotty," the sergeant said in uniform and dark sunglasses outside his bunker in Afghanistan. "I just want to take a moment out of my day to invite you to the Marine Corps Ball with yours truly. So take a second to think about it and get back to me. All right, bye now."

The 20-second video touched Timberlake, who vowed to make it happen when Fox411 asked Kunis about the invite.

"Have you seen this? Have you heard about this? You need to do it for your country," Timberlake asked Kunis.

Then, in a message intended for Moore, Timberlake said, "I'm going to work on this, man. This needs to go down."

Taking a second to confer with her publicist, Kunis agreed. "I'll go. I'll do it for you," she said before asking Timberlake if he was going as well.

"They don't want me! They want you," Timberlake responded. "You need to do it for your country."

Resolved, Kunis confirmed, "I'll do it."

ABC News did not get an immediate response from Kunis' rep. Nor did Moore respond immediately to emails.

A lot of folks were cheering the Marine on his YouTube page Monday. "Ha! She said yes! Lucky sucker! Congrats man!" one person wrote.

Like a lot of other people, that person may have been wishing he had come up with Moore's idea sooner.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Apr282011

Ellen DeGeneres Makes Mila Kunis & Justin Timberlake Squirm over 'Friends with Benefits'

ABC News(LOS ANGELES) -- Justin Timberlake can shake it like few recording artists can, and his skills are coming in handy dancing around relationship questions about he and pal Mila Kunis.

They have begun promoting their film Friends with Benefits -- in which, as the title suggests, they play a couple of recently-single buddies who decide to become more than friends. The fact that the pair are recently single in real life wasn't lost on Ellen DeGeneres.

During a segment of her talk show which aired Thursday, DeGeneres made the co-stars squirm when she asked if they've ever been friends with benefits. Timberlake, who's recently split from Jessica Biel, tried to deflect, but eventually allowed it's not an ideal arrangement.

"I think that everybody could probably agree with us when we say that if you're going to be intimate with someone at some point, somebody's going to feel something," Timberlake said.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio 

Tuesday
Mar292011

Actress Mila Kunis Defends Natalie Portman

PRNewsFoto/Platinum Guild International(LOS ANGELES) -- Black Swan actress Mila Kunis joins the ranks of Natalie Portman defenders after dance-double Sarah Lane claimed that she did most of the fancy footwork in the movie.

"Natalie danced her [bleep] off," Kunis told Entertainment Weekly. "I think it's unfortunate that this is coming out and taking attention away from [the praise] Natalie deserved and got. It was more like a safety net. If Nat wasn't able to do something, you'd have a safety net. The same thing that I had -- I had a double as a safety net. We all did. No one ever denied it."

Kunis, who co-starred with Portman in the movie, has come out in support of Portma, along with Black Swan director Darren Aronofsky. Portman won an Oscar for her performance.

"Here is the reality," Aronofsky said in a statement released Monday through studio Fox Searchlight. "I had my editor count shots. There are 139 dance shots in the film -- 111 are Natalie Portman untouched, 28 are her dance-double Sarah Lane. If you do the math, that's 80 percent Natalie Portman."

Aronofsky went on to talk about the amount of time both were on screen. "The shots that feature the double are wide shots and rarely play for longer than one second," he said. "There are two complicated longer dance sequences that we used face replacement [for]. Even so, if we were judging by time, over 90 percent would be Natalie Portman."

Lane, a soloist with the American Ballet Theatre, told Entertainment Weekly Friday that the public had been misled about how much twirling Portman did in the film. She told The Wall Street Journal that she made $6,000 for about six weeks of work. The move has grossed $281.6 million worldwide.

"On the full-body shots, I would say 5 percent are Natalie," Lane said. "I mean, from a professional dancer's standpoint, she doesn't look like a professional ballet dancer at all and she can't dance in pointe shoes. And she can't move her body. She's very stiff."

Aronofsky took issue with Lane's comment on pointe shoes.

"To be clear, Natalie did dance on pointe in pointe shoes," the director said of the classical ballet technique calling for dancers to stay on the tips of their toes. "If you look at the final shot of the opening prologue, which lasts 85 seconds, and was danced completely by Natalie, she exits the scene on pointe. That is completely her without any digital magic."

Lane's comments were in response to an interview that Portman's fiance and choreographer Benjamin Millepied gave to the Los Angeles Times.

"There are articles now talking about her dance double that are making it sound like [Lane] did a lot of the work but, really, she just did the footwork, and the fouettes [whipping movements], and one diagonal in the studio," Millepied said. "Honestly, 85 percent of that movie was Natalie."

Portman has kept quiet since the war of words began last week, although she was candid about using a dance-double for the complicated routines in interviews before the Oscars.

Aronofsky, however, decided to speak up. "I am responding to this to put this to rest and to defend my actor," he said. "Natalie sweated long and hard to deliver a great physical and emotional performance.

"And I don't want anyone to think that's not her they are watching. It is."

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Page 1 2 3






ABC News Radio