SEARCH

Entries in Missing (7)

Monday
Jul232012

Police: Katherine Jackson Is Not Missing

Paul Warner/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- Katherine Jackson, the 82-year-old matriarch of the Jackson music family, has spoken to police, and she is not in danger.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Steve Whitmore has confirmed to ABC News that law enforcement sources have spoken with Katherine Jackson and she is “safe with family members.”

Concern for the elderly Jackson’s whereabouts surfaced after a family member filed a missing person’s report Saturday night at the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station.

Michael Jackson's daughter Paris then tweeted that her grandmother has been missing for the past week.

“Yes, my grandmother is missing. I haven’t spoken with her in a week I want her home now,” Paris Jackson tweeted.

Jermaine Jackson issued a statement via Twitter early Monday morning saying, “Let me put to bed today's nonsense: as I made clear some days ago, Mother is safe and well in Arizona with her daughter and our sister, Rebbie, resting up on doctor's advice, so it is beyond me how she can be reported ‘missing.’”

Jermaine’s statement continues: “This incredulous claim was made for reasons best known to the adults who filed it but it seems no accident that it comes after we, the sons and daughters, put in place care-taking for our own mother, taking her to Arizona in line with doctor's advice following a check-up.”

He continues, “Furthermore, it dismays me that such an alarmist ‘missing person’ report has caused unnecessary anxiety among Michael's children who will understandably react to what they misunderstand, hear or are told. No-one is being 'blocked' from speaking with Mother. She is merely an 82-year-old woman following doctor's orders to rest-up and de-stress, away from phones and computers. Everyone has been well aware of this within the family, but I would like to reiterate my reassurance to the outside world that Mother is fine. In the meantime, thank you for all your thoughts and concerns.”

Katherine Jackson reportedly left her home in Calabasas, Calif., on July 15 to fly to Albuquerque, N.M., to watch her four sons in concert.  But after that, Paris said she wasn’t able to get in touch with her grandmother.  Paris and her siblings have been living with their grandmother since their father died three years ago.

The mystery deepened when Katherine Jackson’s attorney, Sandra Ribera, released a statement saying that Jackson left her home with plans of attending her sons’ concerts, but did not end up going to any of the performances.

“Prior to her departure, a doctor was brought to her home and represented that he had been sent from the office of her longtime physician.  Based on this representation, Mrs. Jackson agreed to meet with the doctor who subsequently ordered her to fly rather than drive to her sons’ concerts. Mrs. Jackson followed what she believed to be her doctor’s instructions,” the statement said.

“Moreover, Katherine Jackson’s longtime physician recently confirmed that his office did not send a doctor to Mrs. Jackson’s home last weekend before she left on her trip. It has further been discovered that the doctor that Katherine Jackson last saw has been publicly reprimanded by the California Medical Board for fraudulent activities and has ties to Dr. Conrad Murray,” the statement continued.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Sunday
Jul222012

Questions Raised Over Whereabouts of Michael Jackson’s Mother

Paul Warner/WireImage(NEW YORK) -- There is concern Katherine Jackson, the 82-year-old matriarch of the famous Jackson music family may be missing, after Michael Jackson’s daughter, Paris, tweeted that her grandmother has been missing for the past week, but other family members and her attorney say she is fine.

“Yes, my grandmother is missing. I haven’t spoken with her in a week i want her home now,” Paris Jackson tweeted.

Jermaine Jackson, one of Michael Jackson’s brothers, had tweeted Friday that his mother was in Arizona, following doctor’s orders to rest.

Katherine Jackson reportedly left her home in Calabasas, Calif., July 15 to fly to Albuquerque to watch her four sons in concert.  But since then, Paris says she hasn’t been able to get in touch with her grandmother. Paris and her siblings have been living with their grandmother since their father died three years ago.

Katherine Jackson’s attorney, Sandra Ribera, released a statement saying that Jackson left her home with plans of attending her sons’ concerts, but did not end up going to any of the performances.

“Prior to her departure, a doctor was brought to her home and represented that he had been sent from the office of her longtime physician.  Based on this representation, Mrs. Jackson agreed to meet with the doctor who subsequently ordered her to fly rather than drive to her sons’ concerts. Mrs. Jackson followed what she believed to be her doctor’s instructions,” the statement said.

“Moreover, Katherine Jackson’s longtime physician recently confirmed that his office did not send a doctor to Mrs. Jackson’s home last weekend before she left on her trip. It has further been discovered that the doctor that Katherine Jackson last saw has been publicly reprimanded by the California Medical Board for fraudulent activities and has ties to Dr. Conrad Murray.”

Watch More News Videos at ABC
2012 Presidential Election
Entertainment & Celebrity News


Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Jun192012

Concern Grows for Safety of Missing Nick Stahl

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- There is concern once again for the welfare of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines star Nick Stahl.  The actor has disappeared for a second time after checking out of rehab against his doctor’s advice, reports E!

Stahl’s wife, Rose Murphy, confirms, “He’s been missing for four days.”

The 32-year-old first went missing in May before checking into a facility for treatment for his addictions. He sent an email to friends to apologize for “worrying everyone.”

A source tells E! News, “Now he’s disappeared.  We can’t find him anywhere.  He has not made contact with anyone.  We are all just desperately looking for him.”

The last known movements of the actor include a short stay with a friend and a sighting of him in downtown Los Angeles last Thursday. 

The source adds, “It’s a terrible situation. We are searching, but we’ve had no solid leads.”

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Sunday
May202012

Missing 'Terminator 3' Star Nick Stahl Reportedly Contacts Friends

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- Nick Stahl, the Terminator 3 actor who was reported missing by his estranged wife nearly a week ago, sent an email to friends on Friday indicating that he would enter a 30-day rehab program, his wife reportedly said.

"I'm relieved," Stahl's wife, Roseann Murphy Stahl, told People magazine, but she added that she was "also skeptical that he was really in rehab."

She said he sent friends an "unemotional and unapologetic" email about 10 p.m. Friday, telling them that "he's OK," that he'd be entering a month-long stay at a rehabilitation program and that he planned to make arrangements to pick up some of his clothes, according to People.

Early Saturday, Roseann Stahl tweeted, "I cannot thank you all enough for the love and support. So i will share that There is a new solid lead that nick is possibly ok.."

She was not among the recipients of her husband's email, but was able to access his email account because she knows the login and password, People said. The email did not indicate whether Stahl was using drugs on Skid Row, as his wife had suspected, or why he had disappeared on May 9, according to the magazine.

Attempts to reach Roseann Stahl via Facebook and Twitter were not immediately successful.

A spokesman from the Los Angeles Police Department said that it had not received any updates from its Missing Persons Unit implying that it would be closing its case for Nick Stahl. The LAPD's Missing Persons Unit did not immediately return a call for comment from ABC News.

TMZ.com reported that a source from the unit said Stahl's file would remain open for now because an email didn't constitute sufficient evidence to close it.

Stahl's wife notified the LAPD when she hadn't heard from him since May 9, and said he had been spending time in Los Angeles' Skid Row area.

The Carnivale actor, 32, was rumored to be dabbling in drugs, according to custody paperwork his wife filed in February, TMZ.com reported. The couple have one child together.

Stahl took over the John Connor role from Edward Furlong, whose own career was sidetracked by drug addiction after 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
May162012

"Terminator 3" Star Nick Stahl Missing

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Nick Stahl, the actor who played John Connor in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, has been reported missing by his estranged wife, TMZ reported early Thursday morning.

The gossip site says Roseann Murphy told the Los Angeles Police Department she hasn't heard from Stahl since May 9, and he'd been spending time in L.A.'s dicey Skid Row area.

The Carnivale actor, 32, was rumored to be dabbling in drugs, according to custody paperwork his wife filed in February, reports the gossip site.  The couple had one child together.

Stahl took over the John Connor role from Edward Furlong, whose own career was sidetracked by drug addiction after 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Sep152011

Tareq Salahi ‘Devastated,’ Won’t Face Charges, Attorney Says

Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic(NEW YORK) -- Tareq Salahi, the husband of White House gate crasher and former Real Housewives of DC cast member Michaele Salahi, is relieved that she’s safe but devastated that she’s apparently left him for another man.

“Tareq is devastated but he is relieved to know that Michaele is safe and is okay,” Tareq’s attorney, David Silek, said Thursday on ABC's Good Morning America.  “That was his first concern yesterday.”

For Tareq Salahi, Tuesday began with statements to local law enforcement officials alleging a kidnapping plot involving his wife, and ending with confirmation that Michaele Salahi was indeed safe, but safe in the arms of another man -- Neil Schon, guitarist for the ’80s rock band Journey.

Despite the fact that his wife was never kidnapped, Tareq Salahi won’t face criminal charges for filing false statements regarding her short-lived disappearance, his lawyer said.

“I met with the FBI yesterday, they concluded the case,” Silek confirmed Thursday on GMA, stressing his client would “absolutely” not face charges.

“It was amazing to watch how fast the federal government could find someone in this country and put hands on them, eyes on them and confirm their whereabouts and safety,” he said.

Tareq Salahi became concerned after Michaele failed to show up for a hair appointment.  He launched a very public appeal for help, contacting the celebrity news site TMZ.com on Tuesday morning and posting claims on Facebook and Twitter that he believed his wife “may have been kidnapped or abducted” and was “being held under duress and forced to tell persons, including authorities she is okay.”  

A mysterious call from Michaele late Tuesday from an Oregon area code in which she sounded as if “she wasn’t being herself,” according to Tareq, prompted him to contact the Warren County Sheriff’s Department at 11:55 p.m. to declare his wife missing.

Just minutes later, the alleged kidnapping case was closed.

“Deputy Mike Glavis subsequently spoke with Mrs. Salahi by telephone a few moments later,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.

“Deputy Glavis was able to identify Mrs. Salahi by having previous conversations with her in the past," the statement read.  "She seemed calm, was engaged in conversation, and assured the deputy that she had left the residence with a good friend and was where she wanted to be.  Mrs. Salahi advised that she did not want Mr. Salahi to know where she was.  Mrs. Salahi advised Deputy Glavis that she was very sorry that the Sheriff’s Office had to be involved, but she did not want to be home right now.”

The “good friend” turned out be Journey guitarist Schon, who was with Michaele in Memphis, Schon’s spokesperson confirmed to ABC News Radio Wednesday.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio

Sunday
May152011

Tom Sizemore's Missing 'Girlfriend' Found

Los Angeles Police Department(LOS ANGELES) -- Megan Wren, the 25-year-old Los Angeles woman who was reported missing last month, has been found and is with her father, according to TMZ.
 
Los Angeles police questioned actor Tom Sizemore about the disappearance this week, and the actor told TMZ, "I am relieved and happy Megan is safe and sound. It is unfortunate that she did not come forward immediately as this has caused me a lot of concern. However, I am pleased no harm has come to Megan and I wish her and her family the best and I am putting this matter behind me."
 
The family of the aspiring actress reported her missing April 29 after nearly a month without seeing her.

The case received little fanfare until word spread that Sizemore, known for his roles in "Saving Private Ryan" and "Pearl Harbor," was interviewed by police. The actor cooperated with the investigation and was not considered a suspect, according to police.

Sizemore's manager, Charles Lago, said the pair both lived in the same building in downtown Los Angeles and became friends.

Lago said Wren "was absolutely not his (Sizemore's) girlfriend," in response to the TMZ's assertion that Wren and Sizemore were in a romantic relationship.

"He has absolutely nothing to hide," Lago said.

Sizemore, 49, is currently in Germany visiting the troops and is not giving interviews on the subject.

Copyright 2011 ABC New Radio







ABC News Radio