SEARCH

Entries in Restraining Order (19)

Friday
Feb152013

Alyson Hannigan Gets Restraining Order After Threats

Michael Tran/FilmMagic(LOS ANGELES) -- Actress Alyson Hannigan has obtained a temporary restraining order against a man she says has threatened her and her family.

The court order, issued Wednesday, requires 43-year-old John Hobbs of New Hampshire to stay away from the 38-year-old Hannigan and her family and to stop posting messages about her online.

Hannigan stars in the hit sitcom How I Met Your Mother, and also starred in the cult hit TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  She also appeared in the American Pie movies.

In her petition, the actress said Hobbs posted “a barrage of threatening messages directed at me and my family on various websites.” The messages suggested he would rape her and take her to the “after-life,” she also wrote, adding that she was in “severe fear” for her safety and that of her family.

Hannigan is married to her Buffy co-star, actor Alexis Denisof.  The pair have two young children. The restraining order also covers Denisof and the children.

Hobbs recently was released from a mental hospital, according to the court filings.

Police say Hobbs seemed to be living in an alternate reality, posting messages to Hannigan on Facebook and calling her husband, Denisof, “Mr. Evil Pooh.”

“I can still marry you tomorrow. I also can kill you tomorrow too.  Cause I simply like and love you as you live life.  Aly…it doesn’t end.  Even after death,” read one of Hobbs’ Facebook postings, according to police.

A hearing to extend the restraining order for three years is scheduled for March 6 in Los Angeles.

Both Hobbs and Hannigan declined to comment to ABC News.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Jan082013

Laurence Fishburne Obtains Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker

David Livingston/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Laurence Fishburne has obtained a restraining order against a man who showed up at his front door on New Year's Day and insisted that the actor move out of his house. 

TMZ reports the man, identified by police as Anthony Francis, had been released from prison on Christmas Day after doing time for making criminal threats and cyber-stalking.  The website reports Los Angeles police told Fishburne that they received a call two weeks ago from Francis, claiming he is the owner of the actor’s house.

According to court documents, when Francis went to Fishburne's house on New Year's Day, he left behind a letter that read in part, “You are to leave this house immediately.  This means all tenants are to evacuate ASAP.”

The restraining order bars Francis from coming within 100 yards of the actor, his family and his property.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Monday
Dec242012

Kat Von D Granted Long-Term Restraining Order Against Obsessed Fan

Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- A judge has granted Katherine von Drachenberg, who is better known as tattoo artist Kat Von D, a three-year restraining order against an obsessed fan who was allegedly harassing her, reports TMZ.com.  The man, named Michael Nunn, allegedly sent her creepy messages on Twitter, went to her house uninvited, called her phone constantly and repeatedly showed up at her public appearances.

Kat had already been granted a temporary restraining order against Nunn.  In her legal papers she said that he exhibited "delusional and paranoid tendencies, including the belief that the FBI is watching him."  Now, the judge has ruled that the restraining order will be extended until 2015, which bans him from coming within 300 yards of the tattoo artist at all times and prevents him from contacting her in any way.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Nov072012

Miley Cyrus Granted Restraining Order Against Convicted Trespasser

Kevin Mazur/WireImage via ABC(LOS ANGELES) -- Miley Cyrus has obtained a temporary restraining order against a man who last month was convicted of trespassing at her Los Angeles home.

TMZ.com reports the order against Jason Luis Rivera was granted Oct. 30. Under the terms of the order, Rivera must stay at least one thousand yards away from Cyrus.

Rivera was arrested Sept. 8 after police say he sneaked onto Cyrus' property. He had a pair of scissors in his possession at the time, according to authorities.

Following his conviction, Rivera was sentenced to 18 months in jail.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Jul032012

Mel Gibson's Stepmother Seeks Restraining Order Against Him

Mike Marsland/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- A California judge has decided to hear the case of Mel Gibson’s 78-year-old stepmom, Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson, next month.  She is attempting to get a restraining order against Gibson after she claims he threatened her, spit in her face and sabotaged her marriage to Mel's father, Hutton Gibson, according to TMZ.

According to court documents, Gibson unloaded on his stepmom more than once, and she now fears for her own safety.  She claims that Gibson and his sister Maura are angry at her because she doesn't approve of the controversial medical treatments they have been pressuring Hutton to undergo to treat his various illnesses.

In one such alleged incident, Hicks did not approve of "experimental Ozone treatments" Hutton was undergoing.  She said that when she expressed her concerns, "Mel began yelling and saying, 'f*** this and f*** that' while leveling other extremely offensive language" at her.  Hicks added that she was told "not to f*** with Hutton's treatments in any way."

Hicks alleges that Gibson is also trying to force her out of her home, which is owned by one of Mel’s charities.  She wants the judge to block Gibson from evicting her from her home, and prevent him from interfering in her attempts to communicate with her husband.  She also wants Gibson to remain 100 yards away from her at all times.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Jun132012

Jeff Goldblum Granted Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker

Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Actor Jeff Goldblum was granted a three-year restraining order Tuesday against a woman he claims has been stalking him for more than 10 years, reports Eonline.com.  The actor did not attend the hearing.

The woman, identified as Linda Ransom, was not happy about Los Angeles Judge Carol Boas Goodson's decision, and yelled at the judge. 

Judge Goodson snapped back, "Mr. Goldblum wants nothing to do with you.  This harassment has got to stop."

Ransom, who, according to court papers is a former mental patient, responded, "Mr. Goldblum is being harassed because the legal system is negligently violating my rights." 

Ransom admitted showing up at Goldblum's residence uninvited, but claimed she did so because one of his employees attacked her.   Judge Goodson advised Ransom she needed to file a lawsuit against that specific employee instead of trespassing on Goldblum's property.

Judge Goodson ordered Ransom to stay at least 100 yards away from Goldblum until June 12, 2015.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Friday
Jun012012

Wayne Newton Wins Restraining Order Against Landlord, Stalls Museum Plans

Rick Diamond/ACMA2012/Getty Images for ACM(LAS VEGAS) -- Wayne Newton has won a temporary restraining order against his landlord, stalling plans to turn the singer's Las Vegas estate into a tourist attraction.

Newton attended the Clark County District Court hearing on Thursday in which Judge Elizabeth Gonzalez said the developer, Steven Kennedy, must stay 50 feet away from the Newton family and their home.

Newton, long famed as "Mr. Las Vegas," was sued by Kennedy, who claims he is obstructing efforts to turn his 40-acre Case de Shenandoah estate into a Las Vegas tourist attraction along the lines of Elvis' Graceland. The suit also claims he's been sexually aggressive toward the firm's workers as well as careless by allowing his vicious dogs to bite people on the property.

Kennedy, head of CSD Management, said his company already has invested $50 million in the project, which was to include a dinner-theater and car-wash. He says CSD bought Newton's property in 2001 and paid the singer $19.5 million, with the understanding that Newton and his family would vacate their mansion so it could be turned into a museum.

On Thursday after the hearing, the performer told reporters that he wished he had not entered the deal with Kennedy.

"Totally," Newton, 70, said. "I don't like vultures."

The future of the museum is uncertain at least until the next court date, July 30.

"Time will tell if it is built," Newton said on Thursday after the hearing. "It will not be built under the present circumstances of management."

Kennedy's lawsuit claims Newton deliberately frustrated CSD's efforts, that Newton "never intended to cooperate" in the venture, and that the singer's obstructionism goes way beyond just staying home.

Newton, it alleges, has refused to hand over a trove of keepsakes and collectibles intended for exhibit. They include, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Jack Benny's violin. Newton also has failed, says Kennedy, to reduce the property's herd of horses, which includes Arabians, from 55 to a more manageable 20. The property, as described in the lawsuit and in the local press, comes with an extensive collection of exotic animals.

The court filing levels a variety of charges, accusing Newton of engaging in animal mistreatment, "obnoxious sexual behavior" and allowing his dogs to terrorize CSD workers.

In a statement, Newton's attorney, Stephen Peek, dismisses CSD's claims as "nothing more than a preemptive effort on the part of the plaintiffs to intimidate the Newtons for their own benefit." Its salacious and meritless accusations, he says, are meant only to deflect the Newton's forthcoming counter-suit, in which, Peek says, they will charge CSD with having mismanaged the project, spending "exorbitant amounts of money," and failing to secure building permits in advance of construction, "which caused the Fire Department to shut down construction on the Visitor Welcome Center."

Newton once reigned supreme as the highest-paid performer on the Vegas strip, but audiences and critics in recent years have not always been kind to the 70-year old performer. In 2009, a reviewer for the Las Vegas Review-Journal uncharitably referred to Newton's singing voice as having been "trashed, perhaps irreversibly."

Kennedy's claim says that before CSD undertook renovations, "Casa de Shenandoah was, to put it mildly, in sad state of repair."

Hundreds of tons of horse manure, it says, had accumulated on the property, towering in piles so high they rose half way up the 12-foot walls surrounding the property. Indoors, horses' stalls "were saturated in a sea of standing urine emitting a stench so potent hat it made breathing unbearable."

Penguin ponds "were disgustingly dirty, full of algae," with birds sick or dying. The wallabies weren't too happy either, forced to inhabit "a small, dung-filled dog kennel-like structure."

In a statement, Newton and his wife counter by asking how Casa de Shenandoah could possibly have been in such deplorable repair if it was used in 2009 as the setting for the season finale of the TV show The Amazing Race. In 2008, they say, it was named one of the top five homes in the U.S.

As for the accusation that Newton abused animals, their statement says: "Wayne Newton has been named the top breeder of Arabian Horses in the world and has received accolade after accolade for his Arabian Horse Herd." Rulers of foreign countries, they say, have purchased horses from the Casa de Shenandoah herd.

Finally, say the Newtons, the charge of sexual harassment is "completely fabricated," and has no basis in fact. They say to date no complaint has been filed by the former employee.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
May292012

Jeff Goldblum Granted Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker

Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Actor Jeff Goldblum has been granted a temporary restraining order against a woman he claims has been stalking him for more than 10 years.

A Los Angeles County judge granted the protective order against Linda Ransom on Friday after the actor claimed she had followed him in public and showed up at his residence uninvited.  In legal papers, obtained by TMZ, Goldblum wrote, "I am frightened of Ms. Ransom and feel she poses a serious threat to my personal safety."  The Jurassic Park star also alleges she showed up multiple times at his theater performances in New York City and Los Angeles.

The actor attempted to get a restraining order against Ransom in 2010 when she was due to be released from a mental institution, but a judge refused to grant it. He was told that she would need to make a "fresh threat" before an order would be granted.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Feb152012

Blake Lively Obtains Restraining Order Against Fan

Theo Wargo/Getty Images for Target(NEW YORK) -- Blake Lively has obtained a restraining order against a male fan she claims has been hanging around the set of Gossip Girl, according to TMZ.

The restraining order prohibits Sergei Mifle from coming near Lively and her mother.

According to the report, Mifle claims to have a "metaphysical" connection with the actress, and has allegedly made contact several times with Lively's mother, telling her that he was "deeply concerned" about her daughter.  Mifle believed Lively was troubled and he had to help her.

In her court declaration, Lively stated she is afraid and concerned for both her and her mother's personal safety.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Jan262012

Halle Berry Interviewed by Investigators over Accusations Against Ex

Steve Granitz/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- Halle Berry was interviewed by the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services Wednesday in connection with her claims that ex-boyfriend, Gabriel Aubry, had put their 3-year-old child's safety in jeopardy, TMZ reports.

Police sources tell TMZ the visit is normal procedure when there's a claim of abuse or neglect, and both parents would be interviewed.

The investigation was launched after the little girl's nanny told police Aubry pushed her against a door while she was carrying the child.  The nanny also claims Aubry violently yanked Nahla out of her arms.

In addition to the investigation of abuse or neglect, a separate criminal investigation is also underway to determine if Aubry committed crimes of child endangerment or battery.

Berry was in court Tuesday seeking a restraining order that would prohibit Aubry from having any contact with their daughter on the grounds the actress feared for her girl's safety.  A court decision on the order is expected Monday.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio