SEARCH

Entries in Sexual Assault (4)

Tuesday
May282013

NYPD: Amanda Bynes Was Not Sexually Assaulted by Police

Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- New York police are denying accusations by Amanda Bynes that they sexually harassed the actress during her drug arrest last Thursday.

In a statement provided to ABC News, NYPD Deputy Commissioner Paul J. Browne said, "NYPD Internal Affairs investigators have found no evidence to corroborate Ms. Bynes's allegations. To the contrary, a credible civilian witness who was with the officers throughout told investigators that none touched Ms. Bynes inappropriately or otherwise engaged in misconduct at any time."

Bynes, 27, was arrested last Thursday after police responded to a 911 call about a woman smoking marijuana in her apartment building lobby.  When they arrived, they were led to Bynes’s residence, where officers reported smelling marijuana and said Bynes tossed a bong out of her apartment window.  Bynes later posted a note on Twitter in which she said an unidentified officer "slapped my vagina" during the arrest, adding "sexual harassment." 

On Monday, Bynes futher tweeted, "I'm so offended but I am so educated that I know cops cannot illegally enter my apartment, sexually harass me, arrest me, take me to a MENTAL HOSPITAL, then lock me up for a crime I didn't commit."

The actress, who has previously been charged with DUI, has displayed erratic behavior recently, tweeting provocative photos of herself and dramatically changing her look.  Her next court date has been set for July 9.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Thursday
May232013

Jose Canseco Denies Sex Assault Accusation

Kirby Lee/Getty Images(LAS VEGAS) -- Outspoken former Major League Baseball star Jose Canseco is being investigated by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman.

The LVMPD said in a statement Wednesday, "Jose Conseco has been named as the suspect in this investigation. At this time no charges have been filed and our investigation remains ongoing."

Authorities said Canseco, 48, has agreed to be interviewed about the accusations.

Canseco maintained his innocence in a series of tweets that have since been deleted. In one tweet, Canseco named his accuser, asking her, "Will u take a polygraph cause I will."

Canseco, a prolific home run hitter who played much of his 17-year career with the Oakland A's, has freely admitted taking steroids to enhance his performance while alleging that many other stars during his playing days did the same.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Friday
Sep282012

"90210" Star Opens Up About Sex Abuse Past

JB Lacroix/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- AnnaLynne McCord, who once acted out a rape scene on her hit show 90210, recently revealed that she had once been sexually assaulted.

McCord opened up about the incident at the Life is Love event in Los Angeles on Sept. 22.  The event benefited the Somaly Mam Foundation which works to end modern day human trafficking and empower victims.

“Has anyone ever been raped? Sexually abused? Not said ‘no’ when you felt you didn’t have the right to?” the 90210 star said during a speech at the event. “I know what it feels like.”

McCord, 25, told Us Weekly after the event that she had been in a “similar experience to what these girls go through 20 times a night.”

“It happened to me once by somebody that I knew, and it is a very interesting thing to feel that you do not have the voice to say ‘no,’” McCord told the mag. “It wasn’t an attack or anything like that.  I just had no voice. I did not know how to say, ‘I don’t want this. Please do not do this to me.’”

The CW star went further, explaining that the altercation happened while she was in her own home, adding that her “hospitality was taken advantage of at an extreme level.”

This is the first time the actress has opened up about her sexual assault past. On 90210′s second season finale, McCord’s character, Naomi Clark, was raped by her high school teacher.

“I did not have a voice, and now I do, and I’m practicing using my voice for others. Finally I can say I was taken advantage of -- not from my own shame that I did something to deserve that -- and now I can have a clear conscience.”

McCord’s co-stars Shenae Grimes, Jessica Stroup,  Matt Lanter, Justin Deeley and Ryan Eggold were all in attendance  when McCord revealed she had been sexually assaulted.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Monday
Aug062012

John Travolta Denies Sexually Assaulting Cruise Ship Worker

Ryan Pierse/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- John Travolta responded on Friday to a cruise ship employee's claim that he was sexually assaulted by the Savages actor, according to E! Online.

Fabian Zanzi filed a lawsuit earlier this year, accusing the actor of "forcefully embracing" him while naked on a Royal Caribbean cruise in June 2009.  Travolta admits to being a passenger on the cruise, but he denies engaging in any kind of sexual misconduct.  He is asking that Zanzi's lawsuit be dismissed and that Zanzi pay all his attorneys fees.

Zanzi alleges Travolta’s conduct was "nonconsensual, inappropriate, extreme and outrageous."  Zanzi also alleges in his lawsuit that Travolta offered him $12,000 for his silence about the incident, but Travolta’s response denies that claim as well.

Two masseurs sued Travolta earlier this year, claiming sexual battery and sexual harassment, but later dropped their complaints.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio