SEARCH

Entries in Sexual Harassment (9)

Sunday
May262013

Amanda Bynes: A Cop Sexually Harassed Me

ABC News(NEW YORK) -- Amanda Bynes tweeted that the New York Police Department’s claim that she threw a bong out of window was false (“I’ve never had a bong in my life!” she wrote), and now, she’s accusing the police officer who arrested her of sexual harassment.

“He lied and said I threw a bong out the window when I opened the window for fresh air. Hilarious,” she tweeted. “He slapped my vagina. Sexual harassment. Big deal. I then called the cops on him. He handcuffed me, which I resisted, quite unlike any of the reports stated.”

As a result, NYPD spokesman Det. Brian Sessa tells ABC News that as protocol, the police are conducting an investigation.

A police source disputes Bynes’ version of events.

“She was on the phone with 911 making the allegations before officers entered the apartment,” the source tells ABC News. “An independent witness, the building manager was [there too].”

Bynes, 27, was arrested Thursday night and charged with reckless endangerment, tampering with physical evidence and criminal possession of marijuana. She was arraigned and released Friday morning.

But before she was booked, the former child star tweeted that she was “sent to a mental hospital.”

“Offensive. I kept asking for my lawyer but they wouldn’t let me,” she tweeted. “The cops were creepy. The cop sexually harassed me, they found no pot on me or bong outside my window. That’s why the judge let me go.”

“Don’t believe any reports,” she concluded.

ABC News’ attempts to reach Bynes’ public defender were unsuccessful.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Monday
Aug062012

John Travolta Denies Sexually Assaulting Cruise Ship Worker

Ryan Pierse/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- John Travolta responded on Friday to a cruise ship employee's claim that he was sexually assaulted by the Savages actor, according to E! Online.

Fabian Zanzi filed a lawsuit earlier this year, accusing the actor of "forcefully embracing" him while naked on a Royal Caribbean cruise in June 2009.  Travolta admits to being a passenger on the cruise, but he denies engaging in any kind of sexual misconduct.  He is asking that Zanzi's lawsuit be dismissed and that Zanzi pay all his attorneys fees.

Zanzi alleges Travolta’s conduct was "nonconsensual, inappropriate, extreme and outrageous."  Zanzi also alleges in his lawsuit that Travolta offered him $12,000 for his silence about the incident, but Travolta’s response denies that claim as well.

Two masseurs sued Travolta earlier this year, claiming sexual battery and sexual harassment, but later dropped their complaints.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Friday
May182012

Second John Travolta Accuser Hires Gloria Allred

Ryan Pierse/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- The second anonymous masseur who sued John Travolta, claiming sexual battery and sexual harassment, has hired lawyer Gloria Allred, much as the first accuser did earlier this week.

The second masseur withdrew his lawsuit on Thursday, but Allred is leaving open the possibility that the complaint may be re-filed. 

She said in a statement obtained by People magazine, "We believe that the lawsuit should be filed in another court and, therefore, the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice."

The first masseur has also dropped his lawsuit and hired Allred.

Travolta's lawyer, Marty Singer, is waving off any suggestion that the actor settled either case, telling TMZ.com, "Not one penny has been paid nor do we have any intention to pay any money for these ridiculous and false claims."

Singer also denies a National Enquirer report, detailed by the New York Post, claiming that Travolta once tried to perform a sex act on Grease co-star Jeff Conaway.

Singer tells E! News, "This spate of recklessly published tabloid stories is just part of a malicious tabloid agenda to boost lagging sales by running outrageous defamatory stories about my client sourced by people seeking notoriety or a payday."

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Thursday
May172012

First John Travolta Accuser Hires Gloria Allred

Ryan Pierse/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- The first of two men to file a sexual battery and sexual harassment lawsuit against John Travolta may revisit his case after dropping his complaint earlier this week.

The unidentified masseur has hired high-profile lawyer Gloria Allred, who tells People magazine, "Mr. Doe's lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice which means that he is still legally entitled to file another lawsuit against John Travolta if he chooses. We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take."

The masseur had claimed Travolta attempted to have sex with him during a massage at a Beverly Hills hotel, but photographic evidence released by Travolta's attorney to the media seemed to show that the actor was in New York at the time of the alleged incident.

A second masseur has made similar allegations in a separate lawsuit.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
May162012

John Travolta's Sexual Assault Accuser Drops Lawsuit

Ryan Pierse/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- After two men filed lawsuits, alleging that John Travolta sexually harassed them, the actor's initial accuser has dropped his lawsuit, TMZ.com reports.

The masseur, identified only as John Doe, accused Travolta in a $2 million lawsuit of assault and sexual battery for allegedly attempting to have sex with him on Jan. 16 at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Now, John Doe has filed dismissal papers, according to TMZ.

John Doe's dropped lawsuit comes after reports showed Travolta photographed in New York on the day of the alleged sexual assault.

Travolta still faces claims from a second unidentified masseur, who claimed that during a massage at an Atlanta resort in late January, the actor tried to force the masseur's hand onto his private parts and later performed a lewd act. The masseur says he left the room and complained to his supervisors and co-workers, after which Travolta unsuccessfully "demanded" that the masseur continue the massage.

A Chilean cruise ship employee named Fabian Zanzi has also claimed Travolta made sexual advances at him, according to E! Online.  He told the Chilean news program Primo Plano the incident occurred during a Royal Caribbean cruise in 2009. He has not filed a lawsuit.

Travolta's attorney, Marty Singer, has long denied the allegations against the actor. He responded to E! News regarding Zanzi, saying, "This is just another ridiculous claim by someone hopping on the bandwagon to get his 15 minutes of fame with a story about something that supposedly happened over three years ago."

Regarding the initial accuser dropping his claim, Singer tells E! News in a statement, "My client is completely vindicated by Doe No. 1 dropping his claims and dismissing his lawsuit." The statement continues, "We fully expect that my client will similarly be vindicated with respect to Doe No. 2, as well as with respect to any other person who makes meritless claims against John Travolta."

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Thursday
May102012

Attorney Says John Travolta Could Face More Lawsuits from Masseurs

Ryan Pierse/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- John Travolta has been sued by two unidentified masseurs for sexual battery and sexual harassment, and there may be more accusations to come.

The lawyer who represents both plaintiffs tells People magazine that a "bunch of accusers" making similar allegations against the actor have reached out to him.

Lawyer Okorie Okorocha says, "Many have contacted me, and I'm still vetting their stories.  More defendants might come forward soon." 

Okorocha says the lawsuits were filed following failed negotiations with Travolta's attorneys.

Travolta's camp has denied the allegations levied against him in the lawsuits.

The first complaint claims Travolta attempted to have sex with a masseur during a massage at a Beverly Hills hotel, but TMZ.com has published photographs of Travolta in New York City as well as a restaurant receipt belonging to the actor from the day in question.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
May092012

John Travolta Facing Second Sexual Battery Lawsuit

Ryan Pierse/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- A second masseur has come forward to make a sexual battery claim against John Travolta.

Earlier this week, an unidentified masseur alleged in a $2 million lawsuit that Travolta touched his private parts in front of him and attempted to have sex with him.

On Tuesday, according to RadarOnline.com, a second unidentified masseur filed suit in Los Angeles, claiming that during a massage at an Atlanta resort in late January, the actor tried to force the masseur's hand onto his scrotum and later performed a lewd act.  The masseur says he left the room and complained to his supervisors and co-workers, after which Travolta unsuccessfully "demanded" that the masseur continue the massage.

Much like the first defendant, the second masseur seeks $2 million.  Both men are being represented by the same lawyer and are alleging sexual battery and sexual harassment.

After the first lawsuit was filed, Travolta's camp called it "complete fiction and fabrication," and threatened legal action against the plaintiff. In fact, TMZ.com claims that it has proof that Travolta wasn't even in Los Angeles on the day of the alleged sexual assault. Travolta was photographed in New York and the website has even obtained a receipt from Mr. Chows, where the actor is said to have eaten.

In response to the second complaint, Travolta's lawyer said in a statement obtained by TMZ.com, "This second 'anonymous' claim is just as absurd and ridiculous as the first one."

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Mar062012

Paula Deen Sued by Former Employee of Georgia Restaurant

Serg Alexander/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Paula Deen and her brother have been sued by a woman who claims she was sexually harassed when she worked at a Georgia restaurant they own, according to TMZ.com.

Lisa Jackson, a former general manager of Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House in Savannah, claims the celebrity chef's brother, Bubba Hiers, viewed Internet pornography at the restaurant, made sexually charged comments to her and other staff members, and kissed and spat at her.

She further claims that Hiers made racist jokes and used the "N" word.

Jackson, who was general manager of the restaurant from 2005 to 2010, seeks unspecified damages.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Sep082011

'Price Is Right' Model Sues Producers for Alleged Sexual Harassment

Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- A former Price Is Right model is suing two producers for alleged wrongful termination and sexual harassment, according to The Los Angeles Times.

Lanisha Cole, who joined the popular CBS game show in 2003, claims that in late 2009, producer Michael Richards -- no relation to the actor of the same name who played Kramer on Seinfeld -- began giving her the silent treatment and played favorites with another model with whom he was involved in a relationship.

Cole further alleges that producer Adam Sandler -- not the comedic actor -- berated her in her dressing room in September 2010 for not wearing a microphone while she was wearing very little clothing and was surrounded by other models.  Cole says she eventually filed a complaint but was subsequently told that she was "holding the show hostage."  She left The Price Is Right last December.

The Price Is Right host Drew Carey is not accused of any wrongdoing in the matter.  Various reports on the lawsuit -- which also names production company FremantleMedia North America as a defendant -- do not state the amount of damages Cole is seeking.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio