SEARCH

Entries in Stalker (30)

Wednesday
May292013

Man Charged with Stalking Jennifer Lawrence

ABC/Rick Rowell(LOUISVILLE, Ky.) -- A man accused of stalking actress Jennifer Lawrence was charged Monday in Louisville, KY with interstate stalking and repeated harassing phone communications after allegedly contacting the actress's brother, Blaine Lawrence, over 200 times last month.

Zhao Han Cong was first taken into custody last month after flying to Louisville, which is Lawrence's hometown, in an attempt to get close to the actress's brother. The 23-year-old resident of Vancouver, BC allegedly asked Blaine to introduce him to his sister in an attempt to "protect" her. Cong allegedly said "bad things" would happen to the Lawrence family if he didn't meet the Oscar-winner. He also referred to himself as Jennifer's "husband for life."

Cong was apprehended and placed under psychiatric observation last month after he went to a Louisville police station to ask for Jennifer Lawrence's address. He was arrested by federal officials May 7 following his release. Last Friday, he was ordered held for additional psychiatric observation and testing, at the request of his public defender.

Cong has not yet entered a plea in response to Monday's charges.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Jan172013

Report: Alleged Stalker Ordered to Stay Away from Ellen Page

Gary Gershoff/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) -- A suspected stalker who allegedly threatened the life of Inception star Ellen Page has been ordered to stay away from the actress. TMZ reports Page was in a Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday where a judge ordered Joshua Michael Myers not to contact the actress for three years.

The website reports Myers' name turned up after police investigators in L.A. began looking into Twitter messages like, "I'm going to murder Ellen Page. She's dead." Investigators suspect the same person is behind threatening phone calls targeting the actress.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Jan082013

Laurence Fishburne Obtains Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker

David Livingston/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Laurence Fishburne has obtained a restraining order against a man who showed up at his front door on New Year's Day and insisted that the actor move out of his house. 

TMZ reports the man, identified by police as Anthony Francis, had been released from prison on Christmas Day after doing time for making criminal threats and cyber-stalking.  The website reports Los Angeles police told Fishburne that they received a call two weeks ago from Francis, claiming he is the owner of the actor’s house.

According to court documents, when Francis went to Fishburne's house on New Year's Day, he left behind a letter that read in part, “You are to leave this house immediately.  This means all tenants are to evacuate ASAP.”

The restraining order bars Francis from coming within 100 yards of the actor, his family and his property.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Dec182012

Celeb Cyberstalker Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison

iStockphoto/Thinkstock(LOS ANGELES) -- Christopher Chaney, the 36-year-old who admitted to hacking and posting online pictures of celebrities like Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis, was sentenced to 10 years in prison in a Los Angeles courtroom on Monday.

Chaney was also ordered to pay more than $66,000 in restitution.

Johansson tearfully testified via a pre-recorded video about how humiliated she was that nude pictures she'd taken for then-husband Ryan Reynolds had leaked. 

Disney actress Renee Olstead testified in person, revealing that Chaney's posting of her nude pics led to a suicide attempt.

Chaney, who admitted to cyberstalking some 60 victims, was arrested in October 2011 as part of a year-long investigation.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Nov272012

Accused Alec Baldwin Stalker Leaves New York City Court in Handcuffs

Alec Baldwin and Hilaria Thomas - Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- French-Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin, accused of stalking Alec Baldwin, was handcuffed and removed from a New York City court following a hearing Tuesday.

Sabourin’s former attorney, Maurice Sercarz, told ABC News that Sabourin was called into court after he filed a request to withdraw as her attorney. When the hearing was over, Sabourin was rearrested and taken into custody.

Authorities did not tell Sabourin why she was under arrest, said Sercarz.

Sercarz said he filed a motion for withdrawal from the case in October. He said his client would not listen to his legal advice regarding a protective order, preventing her from contacting Baldwin and his wife, Hilaria Thomas. He said she also could not pay his legal fees.

Charged earlier with stalking and harassing the 30 Rock actor, Sabourin said the allegations that she sent countless emails to Baldwin about his then-fiancee had been damaging to her reputation, according to the New York Daily News.

“Alec Baldwin wife Hilaria REAL name:Hilary Hayward-Thomas.LIED wile call 911 on me w her false name.I’ll file 4felony,” Sabourin tweeted before her court appearance.

Sabourin was first arrested in April after sending frequent emails and texts to Baldwin. In the messages, Sabourin told Baldwin that she loved him and wanted to have his child, according to the New York Post.

Sercarz said Sabourin will be arraigned on new charges.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Friday
Jul272012

Alec Baldwin Details Alleged Stalker’s ‘Destructive War’

James Devaney/WireImage(NEW YORK) -- The Canadian actress accused of stalking actor Alec Baldwin threatened to launch “a massive destructive war” against the 30 Rock star if he did not return her affections and told him in a series of emails to alert the FBI that she would be waiting for him outside his home and office.

The emails from Genevieve Sabourin, 40, to Baldwin were made public yesterday as the actress, charged with aggravated harassment and stalking, appeared in a Manhattan court.

According to a signed affidavit filed by the actor, Sabourin sent Baldwin, 54, and recently married to yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas, 10 emails on a single day in March.

“She said that I could call the FBI and have her put in jail, or I could call her and speak to her,” Baldwin wrote.  “She told me if I did not have an conversation with her it would mean ‘war’ and that she was ‘ready for it’ and asked if I wanted to have this happen in a non-control[led] place and time at any given moment like a bad surprise.”

He says that one of the emails was titled ‘Defcon 1′ and stated that Sabourin planned to start a “massive destructive war.”

“She also said that she would find me no matter what it cost her,” he wrote.

Sabourin was arrested in April outside the actor’s apartment in New York City, not long after he became engaged to Thomas.  She had reportedly flown from Montreal to the actor’s Hamptons home in March and followed him to an event at Lincoln Center prior to her arrest.

The pair met in 2002 on the set of the film The Adventures of Pluto Nash, in which the actor had a cameo. Sabourin is credited on IMDb as part of the crew.

Court records show Sabourin and Baldwin once shared a dinner together but Baldwin claims he only offered her advice as a favor to a friend.

Sabourin denies that she was stalking the actor and says the charges have damaged her career.

“Who’s going to hire anyone who’s in court with a big star, a Hollywood star? No one’s going to take that chance,” she told reporters outside the courtroom Thursday, according to the Daily Mail.  “I haven’t had a single audition. I wish I could go on with my life on every level.”

The next court date in the case is Sept. 19.

video platform video management video solutions video player

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Jul042012

Usher's 911 Call Reporting Trespasser at His Home Released

Frazer Harrison/Getty Images via ABC(NEW YORK) -- The 911 call that R&B/hip-hop star Usher Raymond made to police reporting a trespasser at his home last month has been released, and in it the singer can be heard detailing how the trespasser was ringing his doorbell and sitting outside his front door.

In the call, obtained and posted by the website TMZ.com, the star, who goes by just his first name professionally, tells the female operator: "Ma'am, I don't know this woman. She rang my doorbell. … She's just sitting there."

He speaks softly, just above a whisper, and tells the operator that there are children and adults in the house.

"I think she's a little delusional," he said of the trespasser, telling the 911 operator that he didn't know how the woman gained access to his home because it was in a gated community.

He also says she appeared to be charging her iPad outside his house.

"I think she's a fan of some sort," he said.

He also explained that the woman had come to his home before, and she had been let in under the mistaken assumption that she knew someone there. Police were called to escort her away.

The suspect, Darshelle Jones-Rakestraw, was arrested, charged with trespassing and admitted to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation. She allegedly claimed she was Usher's wife, TMZ reported.

Jones-Rakestraw reportedly first came to the star's home on June 23, then returned a day later, when she was arrested.

Usher has reportedly obtained a restraining order against Jones-Rakestraw.

In a YouTube video posted Wednesday, Jones-Rakestraw said she was not a stalker and claimed Usher had defamed her character, TMZ reported.

She also claimed the star had been giving her money and had promised to help her music career.

In an interview with ABC News' Robin Roberts just days before the incident, Usher spoke of the pressures of raising his sons, Usher, 4, and Naviyd Ely, 3, who were both in the house the day Rakestraw was arrested.

"No one knows your children like you do," he said. "It is taking the time to actively be there. It's a day-in, day-out process."

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Jun142012

Mila Kunis Says Alleged Stalker 'Looked Like He Could Eat' Her

Kevin Mazur/WireImage/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- A 27-year-old man charged with stalking Mila Kunis has been ordered to stand trial following a preliminary hearing Wednesday in Los Angeles.

Kunis did not appear in court, but a detective testified that the actress had been extremely fearful of Stuart Lynn Dunn.  The detective quoted Kunis as saying Dunn "looked like he could eat me" and that he "would stop at nothing."

Dunn, who was ordered in February to stay away from Kunis for three years, is accused of waiting for her in the parking lot of her gym.

Dunn is currently being held on $150,000 bail.  He's expected in court on June 27.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Jun132012

Jeff Goldblum Granted Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker

Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Actor Jeff Goldblum was granted a three-year restraining order Tuesday against a woman he claims has been stalking him for more than 10 years, reports Eonline.com.  The actor did not attend the hearing.

The woman, identified as Linda Ransom, was not happy about Los Angeles Judge Carol Boas Goodson's decision, and yelled at the judge. 

Judge Goodson snapped back, "Mr. Goldblum wants nothing to do with you.  This harassment has got to stop."

Ransom, who, according to court papers is a former mental patient, responded, "Mr. Goldblum is being harassed because the legal system is negligently violating my rights." 

Ransom admitted showing up at Goldblum's residence uninvited, but claimed she did so because one of his employees attacked her.   Judge Goodson advised Ransom she needed to file a lawsuit against that specific employee instead of trespassing on Goldblum's property.

Judge Goodson ordered Ransom to stay at least 100 yards away from Goldblum until June 12, 2015.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
May292012

Jeff Goldblum Granted Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker

Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Actor Jeff Goldblum has been granted a temporary restraining order against a woman he claims has been stalking him for more than 10 years.

A Los Angeles County judge granted the protective order against Linda Ransom on Friday after the actor claimed she had followed him in public and showed up at his residence uninvited.  In legal papers, obtained by TMZ, Goldblum wrote, "I am frightened of Ms. Ransom and feel she poses a serious threat to my personal safety."  The Jurassic Park star also alleges she showed up multiple times at his theater performances in New York City and Los Angeles.

The actor attempted to get a restraining order against Ransom in 2010 when she was due to be released from a mental institution, but a judge refused to grant it. He was told that she would need to make a "fresh threat" before an order would be granted.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio