(NEW YORK) -- Lifetime has announced the cast of the all-black Steel Magnolias original movie. In case your memory has faded, here are the stars of the original 1989 movie and the actresses that will star in the contemporary adaptation of the famous Southern drama.
- Dolly Parton’s beauty shop queen, Truvy Jones, will be played by Jill Scott.
- Sally Field’s strong willed mama, ‘M’Lynn’, will be played by Queen Latifah, who will also serve as executive producer of the movie.
- Julia Roberts' diabetic bride, Shelby Eatenton Latcherie, will be played by Condola Rashad.
- Shirley MacLaine’s grumpy Louisa “Ouiser” Boudreaux will be portrayed by Alfre Woodard.
- Olympia Dukakis’ Clairee Belcher will go to Phylicia Rashad.
- Darryl Hannah’s dippy Annelle Dupuy Desoto will be played by Adepero Oduye.
The movie will be a contemporary TV adaptation of the play and 1989 film of the same name. It is set to premiere later this year.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio