SEARCH

Entries in The Bachelor (31)

Monday
May272013

Desiree Hartsock Seeks Second Chance at Love in “The Bachelorette”

Kevin Foley/ABC(NEW YORK) -- Desiree Hartsock is back. The 27-year-old bridal stylist who failed to win Sean Lowe’s heart on The Bachelor will get her second chance to find love, but this time she’ll be the one who’ll have to choose from a field of 25 suitors when she stars on the ninth season of The Bachelorette, premiering Monday on ABC at 8 p.m. ET.

Hartsock, who hails from Northglenn, Colo., had been a fan favorite when she appeared on the 17th season of The Bachelor, and made it to the final four before being eliminated after Lowe’s meeting with her family went wrong.

Hartsock’s brother became a source of tension during the family visit when he accused Lowe of not fully reciprocating Hartsock’s feelings and of being a playboy — allegations that Lowe denied.

Although Hartsock apologized to Lowe for her brother’s behavior, she was sent home.

ABC News correspondent Amy Robach interviewed Hartsock and the show’s host, Chris Harrison, for an interview that aired Monday on Good Morning America.

Robach asked Hartsock about her first meeting with the bachelors, and how it felt to have so many men seeking to make a good impression on her.

 “You know I was surprised every step of the way when someone new came out, I didn’t know what was going to happen, to be honest, and they really impressed me,” Hartsock said.

One of the suitors arrived at the first meeting with his 4-year-old son.

“I was actually blown away that he even brought his son, so it really melted my heart to see the little boy give me a flower,” Hartsock said.

Hartsock has described her prior participation on the franchise as emotionally draining, so Robach asked her why she wanted to repeat the experience.

“You know, I wanted to do it again because although it was emotionally draining, those were real feelings and the relationships did form,” she said.

Hartsock told Robach that she was past her feelings for Lowe.

Asked whether Hartsock had found true love on the show, Harrison and Hartsock wouldn’t say.

“I will say this, I think top to bottom it’s the best season we’ve ever had, it really is, for good and bad, it’s a roller coaster ride, unfortunately,” Harrison said.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Mar142013

'Bachelor' Sean Lowe and Fiancée Saving Hanky-Panky for Marriage

ABC/Dave Hagerman(LOS ANGELES) -- "The Bachelor" Sean Lowe and his new fiancée, Catherine Giudici, are waiting until after their made-for-TV wedding before consummating their relationship.

Lowe, who's been described in celebrity magazines as a "born-again virgin," tells People magazine that the couple will abstain from having sex until they are declared husband and wife.

Lowe says, "From my perspective, I've lived life kind of selfishly for a long time," adding, "Now, I'm going to try to live it the way I know to be right."

Giudici is OK with that, telling the magazine, "I honor him."

Lowe has said they haven't set a wedding date yet, but their nuptials will air sometime this summer on ABC.  The woman who rejected him on The Bachelorette last year, Emily Maynard, won't be invited, Us Weekly quotes him as saying.

Lowe chose Guidici over runner-up Lindsay Yenter on Monday's season finale of The Bachelor.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Mar132013

"The Bachelor" Finale Pulls in 10 Million Viewers

ABC/Dave Hagerman(LOS ANGELES) -- ABC's ratings on Monday night were rosy, thanks to the season finale of The Bachelor.

The two-hour episode, in which "The Bachelor" Sean Lowe proposed to Catherine Giudici and turned aside runner-up Lindsay Yenter, was seen by 10 million viewers, according to Variety.

It was followed by the After the Final Rose special, which actually drew a bigger audience: 11 million viewers.  The special featured Lowe, Giudici and Yenter, plus the newly-introduced "Bachelorette," Desiree Hartsock.

The totals are slightly misleading, since the Bachelor season finale didn't technically end until 10:07 p.m. Eastern time.

The most popular primetime program for the week ending Sunday was the CBS hit NCIS, which attracted 20.8 million viewers.

CBS won the network ratings race for last week, followed by Fox, ABC, Univision, NBC, Telemundo, ION Television and the CW.

Here are the top 10 primetime network and cable programs for the week of March 4-10, according to the Nielsen Company:

1. NCIS, CBS, 20.81 million
2. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 17.63 million
3. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 16.24 million
4. Person of Interest, CBS, 14.57 million
5. Two and a Half Men, CBS, 13.54 million
6. American Idol (Thursday), Fox, 13.12 million
7. American Idol (Wednesday), Fox, 12.84 million
8. American Idol (Tuesday), Fox, 11.72 million
9. 60 Minutes, CBS, 11.58 million
10. The Walking Dead, AMC, 11.46 million

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Mar132013

"Bachelor" Runner-Up Already Dating Someone New

ABC/Dave Hagerman(LOS ANGELES) -- Don't feel too badly for Lindsay Yenter, the woman who was rejected by Sean Lowe on Monday's season finale of The Bachelor.

The substitute teacher from Missouri has been dating someone new for about a month. 

She tells Life & Style, “It’s crazy, once you’re done filming, you kind of realize what you want and it took about a month just to really mourn the relationship.  After that, everything fell into place.  I love where I live and I have a great guy in my life.”

The news is less happy for another 2013 Bachelor contestant, Selma Alameri, who reportedly had been dating 2012 Bachelorette runner-up Arie Luyendyk Jr.  Us Weekly reports the two have split after a brief relationship.

Selma was the Bachelor contestant who initially declined to kiss Lowe out of respect for her conservative family.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Mar122013

"The Bachelor's" Sean Lowe to Compete on "Dancing with the Stars"

ABC(NEW YORK) -- Sean Lowe is going from The Bachelor to the ballroom.  The newly-engaged “Bachelor” will compete on the new season of Dancing with the Stars.

The announcement was made live on ABC's Good Morning America Tuesday after Monday night's dramatic three-hour finale where Lowe dropped down on one knee and proposed to finalist Catherine Guidici.  Guidici accepted the proposal and the sparkling Neil Lane diamond engagement ring that Lowe presented her at the final rose ceremony in Thailand.

“I am so tired of keeping secrets, but now they’re all out,” Lowe said Tuesday on GMA, referring to his new Dancing gig and to having to keep his relationship with Guidici a secret for months.

Now that he’s found a real-life partner, Lowe will pair up on DWTS with professional dancer Peta Murgatroyd on the dance floor.  Murgatroyd, who has competed with Gilles Marini, won the mirror ball trophy on season 14 with contestant Donald Driver.

Lowe joins 11 other celebrity contestants who will take to the dance floor on the season 16 premiere on Monday, March 18, on ABC.  Music legend Wynonna Judd, former Idol finalist Kellie Pickler, reality TV star Lisa Vanderpump, comedian Andy Dick, and NFL star Jacoby Jones are among the headliners.

Lowe, a 29-year-old entrepreneur from Dallas, said Guidici has been fully supportive of his decision to appear on the reality show.  He said that dancing lessons will help him out when the couple tie the knot.

"When we have our big day, hopefully I’ll make her proud," he said of Guidici.  "I won’t make a fool of myself on my dance floor."

The Bachelor host Chris Harrison said the wedding would air this summer on ABC.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Thursday
Feb072013

ABC Airing "Bachelor" "Sean Tells All" Special in Two Weeks

ABC/KEVIN FOLEY(NEW YORK) -- ABC will again offer a double dose of The Bachelor in two weeks.

The network has scheduled a one-hour special, Sean Tells All, for Tuesday, Feb. 19.  Host Chris Harrison will chat with Sean Lowe about the "Bachelor's" dates this season, his romance with the controversial contestant Tierra, and his thoughts on the final three.

ABC televised a special two-night Bachelor event on Monday and Tuesday this week.

The dating competition continues in its usual Monday-night time slot next week, as Lowe and the six remaining bachelorettes visit St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Oct162012

ABC Wins "Bachelor" Racial Discrimination Lawsuit

Brand X Pictures/Thinkstock(LOS ANGELES) -- ABC has prevailed in a class-action lawsuit brought by a group of Nashville residents who alleged the network's Bachelor franchise discriminated against people of color.

The lawsuit was led by Christopher Johnson and Nathaniel Claybrooks, both of whom are African-American.  They claimed they weren't given a fair shake during auditions for The Bachelor.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, a federal judge dismissed the complaint on Monday, ruling that casting decisions and the resulting "end product" are both protected by the First Amendment.

The lawsuit had sought the implementation of policies that would better enable African-Americans to participate in The Bachelor, as well as punitive damages and attorney's fees.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Sep252012

Sean Lowe Is Officially ‘The Bachelor’

ABC/KEVIN FOLEY(LOS ANGELES) -- Well ladies, it’s official.

The fan favorite from last season’s The Bachelorette, Sean Lowe, has been named the new bachelor on ABC’s 17th season of The Bachelor.

Plenty of heavy hearts watched longingly last season on The Bachelorette when Emily Maynard eliminated Lowe right before the finale, despite calling him the “perfect man” all season long.

Lowe was heartbroken to have lost Maynard, but it looks like he’s moved on, and is making the ultimate comeback in the love department. This January, plenty of hopeful ladies will vie for the affection of the 6-foot-3 “successful Dallas businessman and entrepreneur,” as he’s described in a press release given to ABC News.

Lowe, 28, is a graduate of Kansas State where he played football and received a Bachelor of Science degree in social science. He first entered into the insurance business, following in his father’s footsteps, before fully committing to owning his own business, an upscale, custom furniture business.

And if you’re curious about his more personal interests, his Twitter account sums them up perfectly: “I love the little things in life like good food, road trips, TX country music and great conversation. Most importantly, I love Jesus!”

For a sneak peek at the women competing for Lowe’s heart this coming season, click here.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Friday
Jul202012

Will "Bachelorette" Contestant Be the Next Bachelor?

ABC/CRAIG SJODIN(DALLAS) -- Sean Lowe finished third in the race to win Emily Maynard's heart on the current season of ABC's The Bachelorette, but the 28-year-old Dallas insurance agent may get a second shot at love by becoming the next Bachelor.

UsMagazine.com reports that producers are considering Lowe for the next edition of The Bachelor.

Lowe tells The Dallas Morning News he would need to sleep on it before he made a decision. Lowe said being a Bachelorette contestant was emotionally and physically taxing, so he could only imagine how exhausting it would be to be on a show where 25 girls were competing for his affections.

Lowe is reportedly being considered because Roberto Martinez, the former fiance of last year's Bachelorette, Ali Fedotowsky, was offered the opportunity, but has not yet made a decision.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Tuesday
Jun052012

"The Bachelor" Producers Settle Lawsuit Against Head of Reality TV Site

Hemera/Thinkstock(LOS ANGELES) -- Producers of The Bachelor have settled a lawsuit filed last December against a man who they claimed tried to obtain spoilers from contestants and staff members, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The complaint alleged that Stephen Carbone, who runs the reality TV-themed website RealitySteve.com, solicited information from the cast and crew, who had signed confidentiality agreements.  It claimed that in one case, Carbone offered money to a Bachelor participant in exchange for inside information.

Carbone tweeted on Monday, "The lawsuit is over. We have finally settled.... Long story short: RealitySteve.com isn't going anywhere, I don't owe the other side a penny, and they had no case."

Warner Bros., which produces the ABC series, told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement, "We have resolved our dispute with Reality Steve and are pleased he has agreed to have no further contact whatsoever with any of the cast, crew or employees of The Bachelor."

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio