SEARCH

Entries in Toxicology Report (2)

Thursday
Feb022012

Exclusive: Leslie Carter Overdosed

Michael Tran/FilmMagic(NEW YORK) -- Leslie Carter suffered from an overdose and was under the influence of several drugs before her death, according to the incident report from New York officials who responded to a 911 call from her home on Tuesday.

The report lists three drugs that were found at the residence: Olanzapine, used to treat the symptoms of schizophrenia, Cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant, and Alprazolam used to treat anxiety or panic disorders, commonly known as Xanax.

The report reveals that Ginger Carter, Leslie's half-sister, told authorities that Leslie had, "a long history of mental illness and was on medication for her depression." Ginger said that Leslie seemed depressed the morning of Jan. 30 and fell in the shower. Ginger helped Leslie lie down and periodically checked in on her. Late in the afternoon, she discovered that Leslie was not breathing. Robert Carter, Leslie's father, tried to perform CPR on her. They then called 911.

Leslie's official cause of death will be determined after the Chautauqua County coroner's office receives toxicology reports in four to six weeks. Her family will decide whether or not to release her cause of death publicly.

Meanwhile, preparations for her funeral are underway. She will be buried in western New York next week, coroner Richard Mackowiak told ABC News.

Carter, the sister of Backstreet Boy band member Nick Carter and singer Aaron Carter, died Tuesday in New York. She was 25. She leaves behind her husband of three years, Mike Ashton, and a 10-month-old daughter, Allysa Jane.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Wednesday
Oct262011

Alcohol Killed Amy Winehouse, Coroner Rules

Samir Hussein/Getty Images(LONDON) -- An inquest into the death of Amy Winehouse resulted in a verdict of "misadventure," reports the BBC.

The coroner determined that Winehouse was five times over the British legal limit for drunk driving, having had 416 mg of alcohol in her blood at the time of her death. The legal limit is 80 mg, or .08 percent.  That makes Winehouse's blood alcohol level when she died .416 percent.  In addition, three empty vodka bottles were found in her London apartment.

The BBC reports that the coroner, Suzanne Greenway, said, "The unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels [of alcohol] was [Winehouse's] sudden and unexpected death."

The inquest also found that Winehouse had not had a drink three weeks prior to her death on July 23, which may have exacerbated the effect of alcohol on her body.

Prior toxicology reports determined that Winehouse had "no illegal substances" in her body at the time of her death.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio