(NEW YORK) -- This year’s World Series, which saw the San Francisco Giants sweep the Detroit Tigers in four games, averaged 12.7 million viewers, making it the lowest-rated fall classic ever.
Still, the baseball coverage gave Fox a win in the weekly ratings battle. CBS was second, followed by ABC, NBC, the CW and ION Television.
An NFL post-game show following the New York Giants victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Fox was the most-watched primetime program for the week, ending Sunday. It drew 21.1 million viewers.
Here are the top 10 primetime programs for the week of Oct. 22-28, according to the Nielsen Company:
1. NFL Post-Game: New York at Dallas, Fox, 21.1 million
2. NCIS, CBS, 17.8 million
3. NFL Sunday Night Football: New Orleans at Denver, NBC, 17.77 million
4. The OT, Fox, 17 million
5. NCIS:LA, CBS, 16.5 million
6. Big Bang Theory, CBS, 15.8 million
7. World Series Sunday, Fox, 15.5 million
8. World Series Sunday Pre-Game, Fox, 15.1 million
9. Person of Interest, CBS, 14 million
10. Dancing with the Stars, ABC, 13.3 million
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio