(LOS ANGELES) -- Although Juan Pablo Galavis, the former Venezuelan soccer player who is the current star of ABC's The Bachelor, has apologized once for his controversial comments on homosexuality, he is continuing to be apologetic in his latest blog for People magazine.
"It was a little hard to start writing after all that has happened during the past few days. I thank you for coming and reading my blog," Galavis started in a recap posted Tuesday. "My apology was not enough, so I guess time and my actions will let people know who I really am and my thoughts about how much I respect gay people."
The controversy started after Galavis, the first non-Caucasian "Bachelor" in series history, was asked by The TV Page whether it would be a good idea to have a gay or bisexual bachelor.
“No,” he said. “Honestly I don’t think it’s a good example for kids to watch that on TV. It’s hard...It’s a very thin line.”
Galavis said he had gay friends and co-workers, but that it was still hard for him to understand same-sex parenting in one household. “...They’re more pervert in a sense,” he added.
In a post on his Facebook page over the weekend, Galavis said the comment was taken out of context.
“If you listen to the entire interview, there’s nothing but respect for gay people and their families,” he said. “I have many gay friends and one of my closest friends who’s like a brother has been a constant in my life especially during the past 5 months."
ABC and the executive producers of The Bachelor released a short statement earlier this week on Galavis' comments.
“Juan Pablo’s comments were careless, thoughtless and insensitive, and in no way reflect the views of the network, the show’s producers or studio,” the statement said.
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio