(LOS ANGELES) -- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire dominated the box office in its opening weekend, bringing in $161.1 million.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the second film of a four-film adaptation of the book series, stars Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, and Josh Hutcherson.
In this action-packed sequel, Lawrence's Katniss Everdeen is on a Hunger Games victory tour that inspires a rebellion in the 12 segregated districts of the post-apocalyptic North America called Panem.
And as the cast made the rounds for this week's premiere, it was clear the actors' bonds are just as strong off-screen as they are on-screen. In an interview with Good Morning America, Hutcherson said of Oscar-winner Lawrence, "Even with all her success and talent and everything, she's still the same person. She's honest."
Here are the top ten films from this weekend's box office according to boxofficemojo.com:
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: $161.1 million
2. Thor: The Dark World: $14.1 million
3. The Best Man Holiday: $12.5 million
4. Delivery Man: $8.2 million
5. Free Birds: $5.3 million
6. Last Vegas: $4.4 million
7. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa: $3.5 million
8. Gravity: $3.3 million
9. 12 Years a Slave: $2.8 million
10. Dallas Buyers Club: $2.77 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio