(NEW YORK) -- The animated Disney film Wreck-It Ralph scored the top spot at the weekend box office.
The video game-themed flick earned an estimated $49.1 million in its first three days of release, despite the fact that the New York City and New Jersey-area markets were still reeling from superstorm Sandy.
Wreck-It Ralph enjoyed the most successful debut ever for a movie from Walt Disney Animation, though Disney-owned Pixar has released films that have grossed more during their opening weekend.
The Denzel Washington thriller Flight opened in second place, raising $25 million.
Last week's box office champ, Argo, rounded out the top three, collecting $10.2 million.
Russell Crowe's kung fu flick, The Man With the Iron Fists, bowed in fourth place, with $8.2 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Wreck-It Ralph, $49.1 million
2. Flight, $25 million
3. Argo, $10.2 million
4. The Man With the Iron Fists, $8.2 million
5. Taken 2, $6 million
6. Cloud Atlas, $5.3 million
7. Hotel Transylvania, $4.5 million
8. Paranormal Activity 4, $4.3 million
9. Here Comes the Boom, $3.6 million
10. Silent Hill: Revelation, $3.3 million
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio