SEARCH

Tuesday
Apr162019

Wendy Williams' husband Kevin Hunter breaks his silence on divorce scandal: "I am not proud of my recent actions"

Johnny Nunez/WireImage(NEW YORK) -- Wendy Williams' estranged husband and longtime manager Kevin Hunter is finally opening up about his reported indiscretions.

In a statement to People, Hunter has apologized for his recent behavior after -- according to a source -- he admitted to Wendy that he did in fact cheat on her and father a love child with his mistress.

“I am not proud of my recent actions and take full accountability and apologize to my wife, my family and her amazing fans,” Hunter said. “I am going through a time of self-reflection and am trying to right some wrongs.”

The statement continued, "28 years ago I met an amazing woman: Wendy Williams. At the time, I didn’t realize that she would not only become my wife, but would also change the face of entertainment and the world. I have dedicated most of our lives to the business empire that is Wendy Williams Hunter, a person that I truly love and respect unconditionally.”

However, Hunter made clear that he plans to stick with his wife as they both continue to work on their sobriety.

“No matter what the outcome is or what the future holds, we are still The Hunter Family and I will continue to work with and fully support my wife in this business and through any and all obstacles she may face living her new life of sobriety, while I also work on mine,” he said.

Hunter concluded his statement asking for fans to give his "family privacy as we heal."

As previously reported, Williams had filed for divorce last week from Hunter after 20 years of marriage, citing "irreconcilable differences." The divorce filing came after Hunter's reported mistress gave birth to his child earlier this month.

Williams, who married Hunter in 1997, share a son, 18-year-old Kevin Jr.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Tuesday
Apr162019

Star Milla Jovovich defends struggling 'Hellboy' reboot, says it will be a "cult classic" 

Lionsgate/Credit: Mark Rogers(LOS ANGELES) -- The David Harbour-starring reboot of Hellboy didn't debut nearly as well as its studio Lionsgate had hoped, and suffered a pretty dramatic fall from first place to third in its second week in theaters. But that's not discouraging co-star Milla Jovovich.

In a lengthy Instagram post, the actress who plays the villainous Blood Queen in the film, defended it, claiming it's bound to be a "cult classic."

Milla says, "You work super hard to make something fun and entertaining and have to absorb the negative reviews by movie critics, but hey! THAT’S SHOWBIZ BABY."

"All my raddest films have been slammed by critics. It's f**ing hilarious," she continued. "Dazed and Confused? Seriously? Classic movie. The Fifth Element! You would have thought that was the worst movie ever made if you read the reviews in like ‘98??  Zoolander? Slammed. Joan of Arc? Disaster. Resident Evil? Let's not even go there."

"Anyway, every one of those films is now a cult classic. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.," she noted. "And this will be too. Mark my words."

She also gave props to the movie's cast.

"David Harbour. Ian McShane. Daniel Dae Kim. Sasha Lane. They are all so damn wonderful and talented, the movie is worth seeing just because they’re in it, especially one that’s so much fun to experience as this is," she wrote.

Jojovich also credits the beloved source material from comic creator Mike Mignola [Minn-yola], and added, "Trust me, you're gonna have a blast watching the new @hellboymovie. I mean, one critic said 'it's a loud, gory mess only a teenager would love.'"

She followed that with the crying/laughing emoji, a thumbs-up, and a fist bump, before adding, "HELL yea Hellboy!"

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Tuesday
Apr162019

In an Instagram post, J.Lo announces 'Hustlers' with Cardi B hits theaters September 13

ABC/Paula Lobo(NEW YORK) -- In an Instagram post she shot on set -- in a shut-down Bergdorf's department store in Manhattan -- Jennifer Lopez says the stripper-revenge drama Hustlers will be released September 13.

The drama, in which she'll star with stripper-turned-hip-hop superstar Cardi B and Crazy Rich Asians' Constance Wu, centers on a group of gentlemen's club co-workers who "turn the tables" on their Wall Street clientele.

Based on a New York Magazine article, the film, which is being directed by Lorene Scafaria, also stars Keke Palmer, Julia Stiles and Oscar winner Mercedes Ruehl.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Tuesday
Apr162019

'Bless This Mess' premieres tonight on ABC

ABC(NEW YORK) -- Lake Bell and Dax Shepard play a couple who ditch the city life to raise alfalfa on a farm in Nebraska on the comedy Bless This Mess, premiering tonight on ABC.

Bell, who also created and executive-produces Bless This Mess, tells ABC Radio the notion of chucking the hassle of city life and heading out to the country is one that appeals to her.

"There is something deeply satisfying and just romantic about moving to somewhere where you can, you know, slow down to de-tune, you know, and kind of just unplug," says Bell.

For his part, Shepard -- who's married to The Good Place star Kristen Bell -- says he also loves the thought of unplugging and slowing life down.  In fact, when when he vacations with Bell and their daughters, they go to a place where there's no cell phone service and reconnect to simple, forgotten pleasures.

"[D]ay two without the phone, I'm like, 'I wanna draw a picture. I haven't drawn a picture in 10 years'," Shepard tells ABC Radio.  "And I'll draw a picture, it's so satisfying.  I'm like, 'Oh my God I've, certainly a whole section of my brain's offline because of this thing.'"

Bless This Mess -- also starring Ed Begley Jr., Pam Grier and JT Neal --premieres tonight at 9:30 ET/8:30 CT on ABC.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. 

Monday
Apr152019

Fake blood, Coffee Mate & paper snow: "Game of Thrones" by the numbers

HBO/Helen Sloan(LOS ANGELES) -- While the numbers are still being tallied for the ratings for Sunday night's eighth season premiere of Game of Thrones, here are some other interesting figures that HBO has already tallied about its Emmy winning juggernaut:

1.4 million - Number of on-set shots taken by HBO photographer Helen Sloan

68,143 - Hotel rooms booked; 19,722 travel documents have been issued for cast and crew

4,000 - Gallons of fake blood used

12,137 - Number of wigs and hairpieces made and worn on the show

1.5 tons - How much metal has been used to make arms and armor 

20,907 -  How many candles used

3,000 - The number of pyrotechnic effects over eight seasons

1,102 pounds - how much Coffee Mate was used to bulk up on-set explosions

52,000 - Number of bags of paper snow used to make Winter arrive

132 - How many Emmy nominations the show received, with 47 wins

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Monday
Apr152019

"Game of Thrones" season eight premiere watched by a record 17.4 million viewers 

HBO/Helen Sloan

(LOS ANGELES) -- If it feels like everyone you know watched Game of Thrones Sunday night, that's probably true -- and it has the massive ratings to prove it.

The HBO show's final season premiere was watched by a record 17.4 million viewers across HBO’s platforms, topping the previous series high of 16.9 million viewers for the season seven finale.  

The 9 p.m. airing of the show alone was viewed by 11.8 million people, but tons of subscribers were watching on the HBO NOW streaming service as well – up about 50% from last season’s finale. Sunday accounted for the largest night of streaming activity ever for HBO.

The season eight premiere was also the most-tweeted-about episode of the series ever, racking up more than five million tweets and 11 million mentions over the course of the weekend.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Monday
Apr152019

At 54, Keanu Reeves tells 'GQ' he'll continue the 'John Wick' series "as far as my legs can take me"

Photo: Daniel Jackson for GQ(LOS ANGELES) -- Keanu Reeves has gone through a third career change-up, thanks to his midlife turn as unstoppable hitman John Wick -- and he says he has no intention of hanging up that character's multiple guns.

With John Wick: Parabellum hitting theaters on May 17 -- a film for which he trained extensively in martial arts and gunplay -- Reeves shows no signs of slowing down. He tells the May issue of GQ that he'll be involved in the franchise "as far as my legs can take me," and "as far as the audience wants to go."

In case you're keeping track, some thought the former star of the Bill & Teds movies could never pivot to action movies, before 1994's Speed proved them wrong. They also believed that he'd never star in another franchise again after (fortuitously, as it turns out) turning down its notorious sequel Speed 2: Cruise Control -- but the blockbuster Matrix trilogy proved them wrong again.

As for what the future holds for Reeves beyond John Wick, however, the 54-year-old star admits to GQ, "I haven't really thought about my career future, or what was going to happen, until really recently...probably my mid-40s."

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Monday
Apr152019

Wendy Williams says she's going to be "on her own" after she leaves sober house

Paras Griffin/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- Wendy Williams is opening up about what's been going on in her life...to a point.

On Monday's Wendy Williams Show, the talk show host discussed her personal "business" for the first time since filing for divorce from her husband Kevin Hunter last week.

"It’s crazy 'cause now my business is your business," Williams said poking fun at her Hot Topics motto. "It's kind of funny. Turnabout's a fair game, I get it."

Williams, who last month revealed she's been living in a sober house, said she had a "really good weekend," with friends from the sober house facility. She also noted that her time staying there would soon be over.

"I’m moving out of the sober house in just a few days, you know," she revealed. "It'll be Wendy on her own."

"I have to tell you, you know, I've been dealing with issues with addiction, alcoholism, and I have a whole new life that I planned for myself and my son," she continued.

"Believe me you, when you lay in a room with no TV and four gray walls all day…this is my life in the sober house, it’s one of the best things, honestly, that could have ever happened to me."

Although Wendy didn't specifically mention her divorce, she did say that sober living has helped her navigate  through some rough patches in her personal life.

"Addressing my sobriety, my addiction, head-on has really helped me sort out every single compartment of my life," she said. "I have a commitment to me and my son to come out of here better, stronger and faster than ever."

As previously reported, earlier this month, Hunter's alleged mistress reportedly gave birth to his child.

Williams, who married Hunter in 1997, share a son, 18-year-old Kevin Jr.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Monday
Apr152019

Actress Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty to charges stemming from college entrance scam

ABC/Eric McCandless(BOSTON) -- Actress Lori Loughlin and her husband entered pleas of not guilty to charges stemming from a nationwide college entrance cheating scandal, according to a document filed Monday in Boston federal court.

Loughlin and her husband, the fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, are attempting to waive their right to appear in court to enter their pleas to a new charge of conspiracy to commit money laundering, which was  filed last week, federal officials said.

It’s unclear whether a judge will accept her request or require her to show up in person to enter her plea.

Loughlin, 54, best known for her role as Aunt Becky on the ABC sitcom Full House, and Massimo were already charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud along with 35 other parents, including actress Felicity Huffman.

A new superseding indictment unsealed last Tuesday alleges that Loughlin and Giannulli disguised their bribes to the ringleader of the scam as donations to fund programs for "disadvantaged youth."

The new charges came a day after federal prosecutors said actress Huffman and 13 other defendants charged in the probe dubbed "Operation Varsity Blues" had agreed to plead guilty.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Monday
Apr152019

At 'Star Wars' Celebration, fans get first look at 'The Mandalorian'

Lucasfilm(CHICAGO) -- Fans itching for the Disney+ series The Mandalorian got their first glimpse at the anticipated live-action project when the show took center stage on Sunday's final day of the Star Wars Celebration expo in Chicago.

Before a packed hall of fans, creator and Iron Man director Jon Favreau and his Star Wars: The Clone Wars collaborator Dave Filoni introduced Game of Thrones star Pedro Pascal as the new series' title character, a bounty hunter and gunslinger operating in the far reaches of the galaxy.

Star Wars fans know the title refers to the race born on the planet Mandalore, the same planet that gave us legendary bounty hunters Jango Fett and his son, Boba. 

Joining Pascal were fellow cast members Gina Carano, and a performer Favreau jokingly referred to as a "new actor": Carl Weathers, best known for playing Apollo Creed in the Rocky film franchise.

Pascal said, "I think that these incredibly talented men who also love Star Wars very much, have created an incredible, iconic character - THAT I GET TO PLAY!" -- before laughing maniacally.

Former MMA fighter Carano described her character, Cara Dune, as a "loner" and former Rebel shock trooper.

"I've never been part of something so secret," the former Deadpool villain said, adding how excited she is to be in the Star Wars "family."

Weathers' character, Grief Karga, is a bounty hunter guild leader who hires the title character for a job because, he says, "The Mando is a guy who he figures can get the job done."

One of the directors of the series' early episodes will include Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi, who will reportedly also play the robotic assassin droid IG-88.

The Mandalorian debuts November 12 on Disney+, which is owned by ABC News' parent company, Disney.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.







ABC News Radio