SEARCH

Friday
Aug102018

Anthony Anderson, Steven Seagal and Harvey Weinstein sexual assault cases sent to LA DA's office

Photo by Paul Archuleta/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Three separate sexual assault cases involving Anthony Anderson, Steven Seagal and Harvey Weinstein were presented by police to the LA DA’s office Wednesday.

The cases will now be reviewed by the DA’s task force working on entertainment industry cases.

A sexual assault case was presented by the Los Angeles Police Department involving Seagal, the former action film star who'as been accused of sexual harassment and assault by multiple women, including Jenny McCarthy and Inside Edition correspondent Lisa Guerrero.  Arrested Development's Portia de Rossi and The Good Wife star Julianna Margulies have accused Seagal of sexual misconduct as well. The complaints remain under review.

The Beverly Hills Police Department presented a third sex assault case involving Weinstein in June. That case, along with two others presented by BHPD and three presented by LAPD involving the disgraced Hollywood mogul remain under review.

Seagal and Weinstein have denied the allegations.

Also, the LAPD presented a sexual assault case involving ABC black-ish star Anderson. The details about that case haven't been revealed; it also remains under review. 

The Los Angeles Times reports Anderson's rep said in a statement that the actor “unequivocally disputes the claim," nor has he been contacted about it.  The newspaper also quotes a law enforcement source as saying a woman alleged this year that Anderson assaulted her last year.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Friday
Aug102018

'The Meg,' 'BlacKkKlansman,' 'Slender Man' top this week's new releases

Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures(NEW YORK) -- Here are the movies opening nationwide Friday:

* The Meg -- This sci-fi horror film stars Jason Statham as a rescue diver who joins a group of scientists trying to stop a giant, prehistoric Megalodon shark from terrorizing a beach. Also starring Li Bingbing, Rainn Wilson, Ruby Rose, Winston Chao and Cliff Curtis. Rated PG-13.

* BlacKkKlansman -- Jordan Peele produced and Spike Lee directed and co-wrote this film that's already generating Oscar buzz, based on the true story of a black police officer, played by John David Washington, who infiltrated the Klu Klux Klan in the 1970s. Adam Driver, Laura Harrier and Topher Grace also star. Rated R.

* Slender Man -- This supernatural horror film follows a group of teenaged Massachusetts girls who try to debunk the mystery of the supernatural internet meme Slender Man, only to become haunted by the creature themselves. Starring Joey King, Julia Goldani Telles, Jaz Sinclair and Annalise Basso, with Javier Botet as the title character. Rated PG-13.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. 

Thursday
Aug092018

Ariana Grande reveals her 'Late Late Show' Carpool Karaoke episode will air next week

Photo: Terence Patrick/CBS ©2018 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved(LOS ANGELES) -- We won’t have to wait too long to see Ariana Grande’s Carpool Karaoke with James Corden.

The singer announced on social media that her episode will be airing on CBS' The Late Late Show Wednesday, August 15.

So far, all we know about their sing-along session is that James had been practicing the lyrics to “No Tears Left to Cry” and “God Is a Woman,” and that Ariana injured her hand at some point during their journey.

Despite her injury, Ariana says she had the "best day ever" shooting the episode. She also added that she "loves" her bandage.

Ariana’s album, Sweetener, comes out August 17.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday
Aug092018

Did Omarosa secretly record multiple conversation with President Trump?

ABC/Lou Rocco(NEW YORK) -- Omarosa Manigault Newman may have done more to document her time in the White House than simply write her upcoming memoir, Unhinged.   According to a new report, the former aide to President Donald Trump also recorded conversations with her boss.

A source confirmed to The Daily Beast that they had heard at least one of Omarosa's recordings featuring Trump. Other sources familiar with the alleged “Omarosa tapes” describe the recorded conversations between Trump and Manigault as everyday chatter, adding that the voice does appear to be that of the president's.

The Daily Beast reports that Manigault Newman used the existence of the tapes to help sell her “tell-all” book.

The former reality star, an early Trump supporter, joined his administration in January 2017 as Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison. However, her relationship with the president soon unraveled, and at the end of December 2017, she was reportedly fired by Chief of Staff John Kelly. Omarosa has maintained that she resigned from her position.

Unhinged: An Insider’s Account of the Trump White House is set to hit bookshelves on August 14, 2018.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday
Aug092018

Kevin Hart gives to give $600K in scholarships to HBCU bound students

ABC/Randy Holmes(LOS ANGELES) -- Kevin Hart is giving back in a major way.

The comedian-actor has teamed up with KIPP Charter Schools and the United Negro College Fund to give 18 students scholarships to attend historically black colleges and universities.

Hart donated $600,000, via his Hart Charity program, in support of the students who attend KIPP charter schools in eight different cities: Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington, D.C.

The students were selected based on academic and personal accomplishments and will attend 11 different HBCUs across the nation.

"Education and knowledge are powerful,” said Hart. “I just wanted to do my part in providing opportunities for our future leaders, especially from my Philly hometown, and show support for HBCUs."

He added, "This is just the beginning; trust me when I tell you there are a lot more kids who want to go to college who don’t have the money to make it happen.”

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday
Aug092018

Will Lance Bass and HGTV be one big happy family with a 'Brady Bunch' house project?

Photo by PG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images(LOS ANGELES) -- Days after HGTV was revealed to have outbid reality star and 'N SYNC member Lance Bass for the Brady Bunch house, it seems the pair might have gone from real estate adversaries to reality show allies.

After publicly admitting to being "heartbroken" about being outbid, Bass backpedaled when he realized the DIY network intended to restore the California house to its '70s sitcom glory.

"[H]ow can you be mad at HGTV??" he noted, adding, "I know you will do the right thing with the house."

Entertainment Tonight is now reporting that "HGTV did reach out" to Bass to possibly collaborate on a "future project centered around" the property.

The swiftly changing fortunes of the Brady Bunch deal has some speculating that Bass' initial bid -- and the drama surrounding his being beaten out by a then-anonymous "billion dollar corporate entity" -- may have been a set-up from the very beginning.

Or maybe, like most Brady Bunch episodes set inside the iconic property, the speculation is all just a misunderstanding.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday
Aug092018

'black-ish' star Marsai Martin conceived her new movie 'Little' after firing her agent

ABC/Eric McCandless(LOS ANGELES) -- Don't expect black-ish star Marsai Martin to slow down any time soon.

The 13-year-old actress was recently profiled for The Hollywood Reporter's Top 30 Stars Under 18 list and dished on some recent boss moves she made.

For her upcoming film Little -- which is an original idea from Martin -- the actress says she had to get rid of, "the agent who suggested she 'just chill and take a break' during a hiatus," instead of working on new projects.

After firing the agent, Martin came up with the idea for the movie and was able to convince Issa Rae to co-star in it with her.  Martin will also executive-produce the project.

As previously reported, Little centers on a woman who gets the chance to relive a carefree life as her younger self when the stress of adulthood takes its toll. It's a twist on Tom Hanks 1988 film Big.

In addition to Martin and Rae, the film also star Regina Hall, Justin Hartley, JD McCrary, Regina Hall, Tone Bell and Luke James.  Little hits theaters September 20, 2019.

Despite her status as a Hollywood power player, though, Martin says there's one thing she envies about "regular" kids who aren't famous like she is: "They get to walk around and no one recognizes them."

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday
Aug092018

'The Flash' star Grant Gustin slams male body shaming "double standard"

Photo: Jack Rowand/The CW -- © 2018 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved (LOS ANGELES) -- The Flash star Grant Gustin has been catching heat over a since-deleted leaked photo of a new costume he'll be wearing for the show's upcoming fifth season.  Some people responded that the 28-year-old actor looked unnaturally thin in the costume and questioned his health.

Wednesday, Guston posted an angry response against what he considers a "double standard" when it comes to body shaming men.

“That’s a terrible photo that I was unaware was being taken, much less being posted," he wrote on Instagram. "Some things need work and they will be worked on. We’ll get there.”

“As far as the body shaming. That’s what p***** me off. Not even just for my sake. I’ve had 20+ years of kids and adults telling me or my parents I was too thin,” Gustin continued.

“There’s a double standard where it’s ok to talk s*** about a dude's body,” adds Gustin. “I do my best to stay in shape and add as much size as I can throughout these seasons. I’m naturally thin, and my appetite is greatly affected by stress.”

Gustin goes on to explain that “Stress is something that ebbs and flows for me throughout the season. Thus, gaining weight is a challenge for me.”

He also seized the opportunity to encourage  body-shaming victims, noting, “I went to an audition for a role I never dreamed I’d actually book. But, here I am 5 season later. I’m happy with my body and who I am and other kids who are built like me and thinner than me should be able to feel the same way.”

Season five of The Flash will debut October 9 on The CW.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday
Aug092018

Ryan Seacrest calls 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' his biggest contribution to the world

Photo by: Andrew Lipovsky/NBC (NEW YORK) -- Ryan Seacrest wears a lot of hats -- talkshow host, radio personality and television executive, just to name a few -- but the Live with Kelly co-host says his role as executive producer of Keeping Up with the Kardashians might just be his biggest "contribution" yet.

In an interview with Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday night's Tonight Show, Seacrest said he realized the reality TV show's importance after veteran journalist Larry King, whom he called a "very close" friend, asked him about his contributions to the world.

"Larry King had a dinner one night, and he had foreign leaders over, Sidney Poitier and all these important people, and Larry's like, 'And what we'll do is, we'll go around the table and everybody talk about what they have contributed," Seacrest recalled. "So I say, 'Have any of you guys heard of the Kardashians? ... Well, I helped create that.'"

He said the world leaders in the room had "a lot of questions" for him, but they definitely knew who the Kardashians were.

"That's my contribution. And I'm proud," Seacrest said.

Seacrest helped launch the show back in 2007, introducing the world to sisters Kourtney, Kim and Khloé, along with their half-sisters, Kendall and Kylie Jenner.

Seacrest also served as the executive producer of the show's five spinoffs: Life of Kylie, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, Khloe and Lamar, Kourtney and Kim Take New York and I Am Cait.

He said working with the family has been one of the highlights of his career.

"I love them. I love that family," he said. "They have tackled some unbelievable things on that show. ... They are as close and tight as any family I have ever met. There's always something going on."

KUWTK is currently in its 15th season on E!.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Thursday
Aug092018

Brad Pitt fires back at Angelina Jolie; claims to have paid more than $1.3 million in child support

Anthony Harvey/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- After Angelina Jolie claimed in court documents earlier this week that her estranged husband, Brad Pitt, hadn't paid "meaningful" formal child support since their split about two years ago, the actor's attorneys fired back in a new filing of their own Wednesday, asserting that Pitt has contributed more than $1.3 million in bills for Jolie and their six children and loaned the actress $8 million to help her buy her current home.

In the court documents, obtained by Good Morning America, Pitt's lawyers also contend that at a hearing last week, Jolie's attorney did not mention any child support issues and claim that asking to schedule a new hearing on the subject is "calculated to increase conflict."

Pitt's lawyers also slammed Jolie's filing as a "thinly-veiled effort to manipulate media coverage."

In response, Jolie's attorney, Samantha Bley DeJean, released a statement Wednesday on the actress' behalf, calling Jolie's requests "both legally appropriate and factually accurate."

"What has been filed by Brad’s side today is a blatant attempt to obfuscate the truth and distract from the fact that he has not fully met his legal obligations to support the children," DeJean said. 

She goes on to explain that the $1.3 million Pitt mentions in his filing was a loan given to Jolie to buy a new home after they split. "A loan is not, however, child support," DeJean declared.

"Angelina is asking Brad to pay 50% of the children’s expenses.  He has not," the statement goes on. "Angelina has had to shoulder the majority of those without his contribution for the past two years. Child support is not optional in California."

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.







ABC News Radio