(NEW YORK) -- Hey, Guys. You might want to skip the flowers and chocolate on Valentine’s Day and give the lady in your life something more thoughtful. A new survey by the social network Zoosk.com shows 58 percent women consider Valentine’s Day flowers and chocolates to be “too cliché.” The women say they prefer a Valentine's Day gift that involves more thought. But don’t think you can get away without giving a card. While a majority of men surveyed said they don’t enjoy receiving sappy Valentine’s Day cards, 65 percent of the women surveyed said they love ‘em.
- 72 percent of men and 58 percent of women say Valentine’s Day is perfectly suited for a first date.
- 62 percent of singles say the best time for a romantic date is sometime other than Valentine's Day.
- 49 percent of singles say the best aspect of being single on Feb. 14 is that there is “No pressure. I don't have to plan anything, buy anything, or get dressed up.”
- 36 percent of singles say the best aspect of being single on love day is “I don't have to be romantic just because it's Valentine's Day.”
- 16 percent of singles say the best part of being single on Valentine's Day is that “it's less expensive.”
The Zoosk.com survey involved more than 1,200 singles in the U.S.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio