(LONDON) -- The wedding reception’s over and now the honeymoon has begun for the happy newlyweds. But the wedding night isn’t exactly the stuff dreams are made of, according to Voucher Codes Pro.
In a survey commissioned by the British online discounter, most couples don’t get around to having sex because one or both of the newlyweds has had too much to drink or they’re just too tired to consummate the marriage.
But there are a bunch of other reasons why the wedding night doesn’t turn out quite the way people plan it, or at least, what they’re made to believe how it should wind up.
Here are the top ten reasons for not having wedding night sex:
- The groom was too drunk (24 percent)
- The bride was too tired and fell asleep (16 percent)
- The bride was too drunk (13 percent)
- Had to look after our children (11 percent)
- We had an argument before wedding reception ended (9 percent)
- Needed to leave for our honeymoon (9 percent)
- Stayed up all night partying/celebrating with guests (7 percent)
- The groom was too tired and fell asleep (4 percent)
- Neither of us felt like having sex (4 percent)
- Other (3 percent)
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio