(LOS ANGELES) -- A new survey commissioned by the condom manufacturer Trojan claims the average American adult has sex 120 times a year.
The survey also found that Americans in the Northeast engage in sex most often, while residents in the South have sex the least often.
Additional findings from Trojan:
- 71 percent of men say they want more sex, compared with 55 percent of women.
- 19 percent of Americans have engaged in sexting.
- 18 percent of Americans have had sex with someone they met online.
- 10 percent of respondents have chatted with others about sex on Facebook, Twitter, or both.
- Men are more likely to discuss their sex lives online than women, 15 percent to 6 percent, respectively.
Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio