(NEW YORK) -- The average woman apparently has to go through a lot of romantic wrongs before she finds Mr. Right. The dating website Meeteez.com recently surveyed 2,000 women about their struggles to find the right guy and learned the average woman dates nine men before finding the right one.
The survey also found women, on average, kiss 22 guys, have six one-night stands and have their hearts broken five times before finding Mr. Right. By comparison, men on average kiss 23 girls, have 10 one-night stands and have their hearts broken six times before finding their true love.
Additional survey findings about women prior to meeting Mr. Right:
- One in five women had a child with someone else and most lived with two men.
- Before finding their true love, the average women went on six “bad dates” that never went anywhere.
- The average woman has been cheated on four times and met one partner online.
- The average woman has had three long-distance relationships.
- 15 percent of women have ended up with a stalker after a bad date or relationship.
- When women finally did meet “The Guy,” they were likely to know within the first four weeks.
Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio