(NEW YORK) -- A new survey finds nearly seven out of ten Americans have created an ultimate “to-do” list for activities they want to achieve in their lifetime, and travel is ranked number one on the lists of 83 percent of respondents.
Achieving a personal goal was on the list of 61 percent of respondents, followed in popularity by "volunteering for a cause" and "doing something mentally or physically challenging."
Additional statistics from the survey:
- 23 percent of Americans say they create to-do lists to challenge themselves.
- 19 percent say a to-do list helps prioritize all the things they want to accomplish.
- 72 percent of people with to-do lists share their goals and experiences with others.
- 76 percent of people hope to carry out their to-do list item with another person instead of by themselves.
- 20 percent of respondents put rekindling an old relationship at the top of their to-do list.
- 57 percent say a lack of funds is the top barrier preventing them from achieving their to-do list goals.
The survey of 1,011 U.S. adults was commissioned by Hilton.
Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio