Bon Jovi's Richie Sambora left the band's tour in April, and since then, he hasn't performed with them. At first, he wouldn't give his reason for the departure, but lately, he's said that he simply wanted to spend more time with his family. But does he see a future with Bon Jovi going forward? "Sure!" confirms the guitarist.
Speaking at the taping of the Hollywood Christmas Parade, which will air December 11 on the Hallmark Channel, Sambora told reporters that "sure" he foresees a time when he'll reunite with Jon Bon Jovi and the rest of the band "down the road," but added, "There's no plans. They're still on the road, you know." Bon Jovi will wrap up its Because We Can tour on December 17 in Australia.
Discussing why he left the Bon Jovi tour, Sambora maintained, "I just needed a break, man. Thirty years on the road was enough for me!"
Specifically, Richie said he wanted the break so he could be with his teenage daughter, Ava, whose mom is Sambora's ex-wife, Heather Locklear. "I really wanted to plug in with my kid, especially at this specific time in her life. You know, it's a very, very transitional period," he told reporters. "People don't understand when you're out there [on the road], it's 24/7. You lose a lot of life."
At the Hollywood Christmas Parade, Sambora duetted with Stevie Wonder on the holiday standard "Silent Night," and also delivered a version of the Bill Withers hit "Lean on Me," as well as a solo rendition of "Livin' on a Prayer." Other performers on the two-hour special included Kenny Loggins, The Goo Goo Dolls, Daughtry, LeAnn Rimes and Billy Ray Cyrus.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio