« Olly Murs Is at the "Right Place Right Time" for US Breakthrough | Main | Kix Brooks, Faith Hill, Vince Gill Record Songs Written by Children's Hospital PatientsKix Brooks, Faith Hill, Vince Gill Record Songs Written by Children's Hospital Patients »

Styx, REO Speedwagon, Ted Nugent Raffling Off Signed Guitars to Raise Money for Boston Bombing Victims delivering a tripleheader of unforgettable rock weren't enough, tour mates Styx, REO Speedwagon and Ted Nugent are using their combined star power to raise money for some people who could really use the help.  The three acts are planning to raffle off a guitar autographed by Styx, REO and Nugent at each stop of their recently launched joint Midwest Rock 'n Roll Express trek and donate most of the proceeds to victims of the Boston Marathon bombing.

The funds will be distributed via the Rock to the Rescue organization, with 75 percent going to a Boston charity set up to provide support to those affected by last week's horrific attack.  The remaining 25 percent of the money raised will go toward a local organization in each city the tour is visiting.

"Like all Americans, we have watched the events in Boston and wondered what we could do to help," says Styx in a statement.  "We know the fans of all three bands will once again rise with us to help our friends in Boston.  We are Boston!"

Adds REO Speedwagon, "We feel such sadness for those innocent people in Boston who have suffered so much and are still suffering now.  We think of those victims of senseless violence as we sign the guitar which is to be donated on their behalf each night.  In our small way, we do what we do."

Lastly, Nugent notes that his band and family "are surrounded by Americans who care deeply about each other and are dedicated to give all we got in times of need.  We again face a tragedy that we can all help with, and are proud of this charitable heart and soul effort."

Rock to the Rescue was founded in 2001 by Styx's Tommy Shaw and REO's Kevin Cronin in the wake of the 9/11 tragedy.  Currently overseen by Shaw's daughter, Hannah, the charity seeks to promote aid to local communities by supporting grassroots organizations across the U.S.

Here are all of the upcoming dates on the Midwest Rock 'n Roll Express tour:

4/23 -- Springfield, MA, MassMutual Center
4/24 -- Glens Falls, NY, Glens Falls Civic Center
4/26 -- East Rutherford, NJ, IZOD Center
4/27 -- Virginia Beach, VA, Farm Bureau Live
4/28 -- Roanoke, VA, Roanoke Civic Center
5/1 -- Estero, FL, Germain Arena
5/3 -- St. Augustine, FL, St. Augustine Amphitheatre
5/4 -- Tampa, FL, Live Nation Amphitheatre
5/5 -- Atlanta, GA, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
5/7 -- Grand Prairie, TX, Verizon Theatre
5/8 -- Tulsa, OK, BOK Center
5/10 -- Kansas City, KS, Starlight Theatre
5/11 -- Lincoln, NE, Pinewood Bowl Theater
5/14 -- Grand Rapids, MI, Van Andel Arena
5/15 -- Evansville, IN, Ford Center
5/17 -- Green Bay, WI, Resch Center
5/18 -- St. Louis, MO, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
5/19 -- Burgettstown, PA, First Niagara Pavilion

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

ABC News Radio