Following an announcement by Ozzy Osbourne's wife, Sharon, earlier this week that The Osbournes reality show would be returning to television, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that VH1 is close to finalizing a deal to air the series.
News about the resurrection of The Osbournes was first announced by Sharon on Tuesday's episode of The Talk. While she didn't initially say what network would be airing the show, she reported that she and her family would be filming six to eight new episodes. She also revealed that Ozzy, her son Jack and her daughter Kelly all were on board.
In addition, Sharon explained that the new show won't be a "proper series." It'll be more like an update on their lives. "It was all my husband's doing," she said. "He looked back on his life and he said, 'I wish we could have done The Osbournes now where I'm clean and sober.'"
The Osbournes originally ran on MTV from 2002 to 2005, and won an Emmy for Outstanding Reality TV Program.
According to E! News, the new episodes will start filming in early 2015. Meanwhile, a rep for VH1 tells ABC News Radio that the channel has no comment on the story.
Follow @ABCNewsRadio Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio