(SPARKS, Nev.) -- At least two people were hospitalized when a dust devil took an inflatable slide airborne, taking it above trees and slamming it into lamp posts as onlookers celebrated Independence Day.
The incident happened Friday afternoon in Sparks, Nevada.
"I was thinking, 'Oh my God, I hope there are no children in there," Derek Smith told ABC affiliate KOLO-TV.
The wind lifted the slide 300 feet into the air. No one was inside it at the time.
"It went higher than a lot of buildings and then it landed way over there," Nicc Thompson told KOLO-TV.
The two people who were hospitalized suffered injuries from flying debris, said fire officials.
It's the third time a bounce house or inflatable slide has reportedly gone airborne in past months.
The owner of Classic Amusements, the company that operates the slide, said it went through a safety check and was approved by a city inspector, KOLO-TV reports.
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio