SEARCH

Entries in Blast (1)

Thursday
Dec302010

Two Killed, One Severely Injured in Michigan Furniture Store Blast

Photo Coutesy - WXYZ-TV(WAYNE, Mich.) -- Two people were killed and one severely injured in an explosion that leveled a furniture store in Wayne, Michigan.

The explosion happened Wednesday just after 9 a.m. at the William C. Franks Furniture company.  Search and rescue crews worked for hours before finding two store employees who died in the blast.  James Zell, 64, was pulled from the rubble around 7 p.m. and a 54-year-old female worker was found a few hours later.

The store owner, Paul Franks, was severely injured in the explosion.  He was the first victim pulled from the debris.

Wayne Fire Department Chief Mel Moore said a natural gas explosion was likely the cause of the blast.

"We're still investigating," Moore said.  "But that's kind of what everything's pointing to.  There were some gas leaks and other stuff going on."

Copyright 2010 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio