SEARCH

Entries in Dog Medication (1)

Saturday
Jan012011

Teen Critical After Snorting Dog Meds, Smoking Marijuana

Photo Courtesy - Getty Images(FORT MYERS, Fla.) -- An 18-year-old Florida man was in critical condition Friday after he and six other young people reportedly snorted dog medication, inhaled butane, smoked marijuana, ate mushrooms and took over-the-counter cold medicine.

Officers responded early Thursday morning to a medical assistance call at an apartment in Ft. Myers, Fla., after a neighbor called 911.

"When we arrived it was obvious they were under the influence," said Lee County Sheriff's Office spokesperson John Sheehan.

The seven were rushed to the hospital early Thursday morning. The 18-year-old was the only to overdose on the concoction, according to police. The other six victims, including the 16-year-old who hosted the get-together, were treated before being released from the hospital.

Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio







ABC News Radio