(SPRING VALLEY, N.Y.) -- A man was reportedly killed Sunday while trying to rescue a child trapped among fallen live wires caused by Hurricane Irene.
The incident reportedly happened in Spring Valley, N.Y. just before 11 a.m. Sunday. Officials say a Good Samaritan was trying to assist a five-year-old boy who had become trapped by live wires lying in water left behind by Irene. The man reportedly died after being electrocuted while trying to rescue the child.
The boy was taken to a local hospital for treatment to serious burns sustained, while his father was also injured and hospitalized, reports ABC's New York station WABC-TV.
Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio