(CONCORD, N.H.) -- Health officials in the New England region are warning parents about children swallowing detergent packs and becoming sick.
The Northern New England Poison Control Center says it has received several calls over the last few months regarding children
falling ill after ingesting the small, colorful detergent cubes.
“It looks like a toy,” Clinical Manager for Poison Control and Prevention for Massachusetts and Rhode Island Dennis Wigandt told ABC News affiliate WHDH.
Proctor and Gamble says it is planning to switch to child-safe packaging this summer.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio