(LINCOLN, R.I.) -- A man remains hospitalized following a fire at a Lincoln home on Thursday night.
According to published reports, the man was working on a motorcycle in the garage of a home on Arch Street, when shortly before 9 p.m. a fire somehow managed to break out with flames spreading from the garage to other parts of the house.
Firefighters worked to put out the blaze while the man was taken to an area hospital with second- and third-degree burns to his head and arms, reports ABC's Proidence affiliate WLNE-TV.
The fire remains under investigation.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio