(NEW YORK) -- Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani appears to be open to another presidential run despite his defeat in 2008, he said in an interview on Thursday night.
“I will take a look at 2012,” Giuliani told CNBC’s Larry Kudlow. “It’s really a question of, can I play a useful role? Would I have a chance of getting the nomination?”
Giuliani dropped out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination after coming in third behind Mitt Romney and John McCain in the Jan. 2008 Florida primary. Giuliani had largely staked his presidential hopes on winning that state’s contest, but instead quit the race and threw his support behind the eventual nominee, McCain.
Earlier this month, Giuliani denied a report in the New York Post that said the former mayor had been busy “rounding up his top political advisers for a possible 2012 presidential run.”
Even so, Giuliani emphasized in CNBC interview that the door was “absolutely” open to a presidential bid.
Copyright 2011 ABC News Radio