Facebook

Twitter

iTunes

RSS

HEAR THIS HOUR'S UPDATE

« Liberia Woman Describes How She Lived Through Ebola | Main | Report: Afghan Forces Lose Track of Deadly Weapons »
Monday
Jul282014

As Attacks Continue, Netanyahu Says to 'Be Prepared for a Long Operation'

iStock/Thinkstock(JERUSALEM) --  Last week, Israel and Hamas blamed each other for explosions at a shelter that left at least 16 Palestinian civilians dead, and on Monday, fatal strikes near a hospital and refugee camp left 10 Palestinian children dead, according to Gazan health officials.

The Israeli Army insists its air and land forces were not operating in the area of the Al-Shifa hospital and the Al-Shati refugee camp when those two explosions occured.

Israeli military officials believes rocket misfires by Islamic Jihad were responsible for the fatal strikes at a park and hospital outpatient clinic.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhari blamed Israeli airstrikes for the attacks while eyewitness reportedly saw a drone.

In a press conference Monday, Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Israelis, "We must be prepared for a long operation."


Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio