(JERUSALEM) -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pointed a finger at Hamas terrorists for the kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers earlier this week.
Adding that Hamas' denials "do not change this fact," Netanyahu said that the group is "committed to the destruction of Israel and to carrying out terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians - including children. The Israeli prime minister added that his government would hold the Palestinian Authority and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas responsible for "any attacks against Israel that emanate from Palestinian-controlled territory."
Netanyahu reiterated his belief that the site of a terrorist attack is not the important question, but instead the point of origination. He then stated that the kidnappers came from a territory controlled by the Palestinian Authority, something that the PA "cannot absolve itself of."
Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhiri said on Sunday that Netanyahu's comments were "stupid," and perhaps "a bluff intended to acquire information," the Jerusalem Post reported.
"Israel will act in all ways under its province, in all ways under our control, to bring home the three kidnapped teenagers," Netanyahu said. "We will do whatever needs to be done to protect our people, our citizens, our children and our teenagers from the scourge of terrorism."
Follow @ABCNewsRadio Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio